Addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexavery

Reaction score
So I've only been at this beer brewing thing a couple months, but my wife has diagnosed me with a brewing addiction. I ordered a recipe kit for my 3rd batch last night, to which SWMBO replied - "don't you already have 10 gallons in the basement?"

Yes I do, and that will soon grow to 15 gallons with an Irish Red.

Hi. I'm alexavery. And i'm an addict.

What you say is that you need MANY brews so you can age the beer properly.

I should have 200 gallons brewed this year - YET - I won't DRINK all 200! The real victors are my friends!

only on your third batch in a few months? Please. Call me when you have 8 fermenters full that you filled in a month then we can talk possible addiction.

Tell the SWMBO not to sweat it as you have a ways to go yet. I have spent over $5500 in the last year on brewing "stuff"...... so your situation could be worse.

I got back into brewing this spring, and have already done 4 batches, and the 1st isn't even ready to start drinking yet. SWMBO rolled her eyes at me, and let me buy a chest freezer to keep the kegs in, since the spare fridge would only hold 2.

Hehe. I'm off on an ingredients run in half an hour. This time I'm taking my new brew buddy with me. Wifey is getting VERY nervous. :D

I totally understand the addition. I love brweing so much that I started a home brew store. Now I have access to all of the stuff at anytime I want to go brew. My only savior is that I have kept my equipment costs in check as I am currently satisfied with what I have now. Of course a new brew pot may larger mash tun may be in order. Here we go again.

Ed

This time I'm taking my new brew buddy with me. Wifey is getting VERY nervous. :D

If your brew buddy looks like this, or can do this, then I'd understand if wifey was a little nervous.

hot-girls-beer-7.jpg

hot-girls-beer-14.jpg

only on your third batch in a few months? Please. Call me when you have 8 fermenters full that you filled in a month then we can talk possible addiction.

ehheemm... I dont mean to be rude, but I guess you didnt catch on to the part where he said he just started brewing. So that means he most likely does not have the equipment, knowledge, and definitely not experience to do 8 brews in one month.

You know it only takes a single hit of heroine to get addictied to that, this is his heroine. ;)

I find it frustrating that I only have 3 demijohns (one full of wine) and 3 carboys. And no overtime for me to get more supplies :(

I spent $100 on stuff at the LHBS this weekend and I didn't even buy any ingredients! I'll glad when I have everything I need!

LOL!!

Ummm, like that's going to happen. :) After getting everything the way I liked it for stove-top brewing, I decided to pursue full boils - and that means moving outside. So.... My dual-propane outdoor burner set from King Kooker showed up last week. Hey, if I have two burners I might as well get two brewpots, right? Those showed up this week. Darn, that wort chiller is just too small for a 60qt pot, guess I need a new one of those. That's ready to go now, too. Can't wait to break 'em all in on Saturday.

Let me know when you reach that nirvana of "having everything I need." I so want to experience that. :mug:

I think there is a BMC hidden in that picture somewhere. I agree Rev, putting that in your body can be a bad thing.
-Me

I went from extract to all grain to a three keggle Herms setup in about one year....this is more than an addiction!

My worst fear is that some day I will find friends who really like good beer and I will have to brew for them. Or was that my best dream? I can never remember.

Back