The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timing wasn't mine, but it works for me. Now, I can force her to sell the house. She's been dragging her feet on that for the last several months. Thanks to her, she can't drag them any more.

I know... but given the thread I am legally required to mock your "hey, I got a beach house" post given that is almost mid-October.

:mug:

They've been pulling some interesting stuff out of the Charles River and Boston Harbor the last couple of days. Hurry up before the seagulls get it or they blow it up.

Just as an FYI, among other wonderful goodies I now possess a bottle of Westy 12. It's good to have a BIL who works in an uber-good bottle shop in the Netherlands.

Cape Brewing said:
I know... but given the thread I am legally required to mock your "hey, I got a beach house" post given that is almost mid-October.

:mug:

Um, at least the water is the warmest it will be all year? Bam, bright side!

Just an FYI before we get all misty about John Lennon...he was a marxist.

Yup. dyed in the wool commie.

I am sorry how he died.

Glad to hear his message silenced.

To Mort...

Bugs or scallops, I will leave it up to Stevie. He's been running the boat, he should know what's going on where. (If he even thinks about hooking up to the Poling we throw him over the side.)

To Barney...

Ya and he schtupped Yoko Ono, too . Clearly he made some unwise choices. Still one of my favorite musicians from one of the worlds great bands.

To Rick...

Great timing on the beach house. You sure showed her!

Morning dudes and dudettes (I leave it to all of you to sort yourselves out).

Diving's out for me this week - Mass DOT decided to leave Rt3 north partly re-hottopped and a bridge mostly done, leaving 4-6" differences between the old and new levels. Wife hit one of the transitions in the highspeed lane doing 65-70, and a tie rod decided it would rather be through a tire than where it belonged. So now, we're a one car family for a few days, and of course, because it's an older beemer, we're also going to be a few grand poorer. And insurance agents are such nice people to deal with on the phone. When you ask them how an "act of god" accident like this is going to affect your future policy premiums, you'd think you were taking money out of their pockets. They suck. Anyone here an insurance agent? You suck too. There. I feel better, and I hope I ruined your day.

PTN in the bathtub...

image.jpg

Sorry to hear about the car Mort. Not sure if you're getting another Beemer but I got a Columbus Day sale email from Herb Chambers down in Sudbury, MA (I think it lasts until the end of the month). They have good deals if you're lucky to time it. The list they gave me has some good deals. I'm sure Tulley up in Nashua is having a sales event. IM me if you want more info (no I'm not a dealer) and I'll forward the email to you.

Columbus Day Sales Event!

We need to clear out our remaining 2012 New, Demo and Pre-Owned vehicles to make room for new incoming inventory. Help us hit our goal and take advantage of BIG savings. *Credit of up to $4,500 & Loyalty of $750 available"

Just got out of class and I'm sitting at a bar contemplating the subway ride home when I strike up a conversation with the guy a few stools down. We're watching the Yankee/O's game on the screen and he says, "it feels good to put my Red Sox shirts back on. I stopped wearing them this year and put them back on the day they fired Bobby V. I hate that bastard."

I say, "He never stood a chance, they set him up to fail. They sacrificed him instead of the punks in the clubhouse , then when the house caved in because of the rotten foundation they blamed him."

He says, "He was put in the exact same position as Obama was when he took office."

I said, "You just compared Tito Francona to George W Bush," and sprayed beer all over the bar I was laughing so hard. I think I need to buy him a beer so he doesn't kick my ass.

Hey JD,

Your brother suck almost as much as you do.

Just in case you were wondering,

He also brung me a bottle of this (aged in the Wild Turkey barrels).

de-molen-hel-verdoemenis-wild-turkey-barrel.jpg

It says on the bottle that you can lay it down for 25 years... yeah, I don't think that's going to happen.

We're going shopping tonight for massive domestic IPAs he can smuggle back over the pond. I think he may owe some people a few favors for these presents.

Nice score. I could have sworn I had seen that brewery in my local packy. So, I did a google search and found that they do distribute to Mass. More importantly I found an interesting Ale house up by the north shore:

http://www.amesburyalehouse.com/

Never heard of it and they have this breweries version of a golden ale. I'm always around the seacoast area but I'm usually doing 100mph when I pass through Amesbury. Has anyone ever tried this place?

So Bird, what is your plan on tasting the Westy?

No, you can't have any, that's my goddamn plan!

Haven't decided. If there's another Utopias brewfest this winter, I'll probably bring that along to ensure my invitation (as well as to return the favor of those who have allowed me to sample Sammy's Utopias and some other uber-nice beers.

Nice score. I could have sworn I had seen that brewery in my local packy. So, I did a google search and found that they do distribute to Mass. More importantly I found an interesting Ale house up by the north shore:

http://www.amesburyalehouse.com/

Never heard of it and they have this breweries version of a golden ale. I'm always around the seacoast area but I'm usually doing 100mph when I pass through Amesbury. Has anyone ever tried this place?

So Bird, what is your plan on tasting the Westy?

Stop at the Amesbury Ale House when you get a chance. It is definitely worth the stop. Solid tap list and the food is pretty good.

Stop at the Amesbury Ale House when you get a chance. It is definitely worth the stop. Solid tap list and the food is pretty good.

One of my favorites places.

They have also been hoarding 3 kegs of KBS. They plan on tapping them for their 5 year anniversary party. It was first posted that the party was going to be in early November , but I have heard the date has been moved to late October.

Also Cody Brewing is directly across the street, they brew out of a warehouse and have growler hours on Saturday mornings.

Riverwalk Brewing was at the same location also, but recently moved into their new brewery just over the otherside of the mouth of the Merrimack in Newburyport.

You're like the third person I've heard talk about bars having a special thing for KBS...

i don't get that... it's on tap at about four bars within walking distance of my building in Boston.

It's a great beer but it's not like it is super limited in its availability like Kate the Great. I don't get the whole, "WE HAVE SOME AND WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT A SPECIAL THING"... ehhh... ok... you do that and I'll just walk across the street and have it now.

I had a glass at lunch Tuesday at Kinsale

You're like the third person I've heard talk about bars having a special thing for KBS...

i don't get that... it's on tap at about four bars within walking distance of my building in Boston.

It's a great beer but it's not like it is super limited in its availability like Kate the Great. I don't get the whole, "WE HAVE SOME AND WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT A SPECIAL THING"... ehhh... ok... you do that and I'll just walk across the street and have it now.

I had a glass at lunch Tuesday at Kinsale

I agree. I don't get why they didn't tap them months ago.

I still am a big fan of the place thought. I love the rotating list of great beers, tasty appetizers, ands it never really crowded there. There are also a few other great pubs in Amesbury within walking distance.

I also never understood why anyone would wait in line at 4am on a cold March morning for KTG either.

I heard that Five Horses in Somerville hyped KSB. It then turns out that it was the regular stout. People weren't too happy. Others were ectstatic I went there once and wasn't too impressed.

Ugh. I use to live in Somerville during the college days when Whitey was still running around. Kept things exciting. Kind of miss those days. A lot safer place to live than dangerous Charlestown or Southie. Now there's nothing but hipsters running around.

Ugh. I use to live in Somerville during the college days when Whitey was still running around. Kept things exciting. Kind of miss those days. A lot safer place to live than dangerous Charlestown or Southie. Now there's nothing but hipsters running around.

I hung there once in a while with my frat in college. Great sub shops and pizza.

Then we would go to what was left of the zone. Very disappointing.

Then to the banana to get our banana's polished.

Speaking of walruses, didn't this guy have gastric bypass surgery:

CharWeis_USP.jpg

Why, yes he did. It nearly killed him. Based on what he's been saying lately, they must have put the band around his neck and cut off the circulation to his brain.

Present and accounted for, Sir! ;)

Hey dude,
thanks for the lead on the car, but we ended up biting the bullet on the repairs - gotta keep the mechanics kids in college, right?

Anyway, what's KBS stand for?

Is it Founders stout?

I just had that for the first time last night at a kinda new (<1 yr old) wine bar in Nashua (Napa East - 100 bottles of CA wine by the glass, if you're into wine, and 4 beers on tap, if you're not). The manager told me it was 6-7% ABV, though I thought it was much higher - just checked the website and they list the imperial stout as 11%, and the breakfast stout at 8.3%, so I don't even know which one I had. Lots of chocolate and coffee tastes though. Not bad, but not worth driving to.

Warning! Prepare for all of your jealousy meters to get pegged, right after I tell you where I'm going for fun tonight, to keep the SWMBO happy.

Gonna see Brickyard Blues Band (cool local blues band) at the ......Drum roll, Pah-lease.......

Polish American Club in Nashua!!!! Yay me..........Whooo Hoooo! It's not everyplace you get to buy Bud cans for $2 (probably the "best" beer available) and share cigarette smoke from your toothless neighbors sitting at the bar stool next to you. Can't wait for this one - "private clubs" nowadays are like a big huge ashtray. And I'm sure this place has nothing but the best in membership and "cly-uhn-tell".

I can get directions for any/all of you that need them. Definitely taking a cab home from here, if for no other reason than I don't want my truck stinking of cigarettes after I've been in this place for an hour. The things we do for the SWMBO..............

Hey Cape,

Butts 'n Buds! May have to pick up some flannel on the way home to be sure I fit in. Or a tow truck driver's shirt.

You guys should consider making Bog Iron members only, so your customers can smoke in there! Wouldn't that be awwwwwsummmmm! Think of the nice shade of "ivory" your white ceilings could turn into.

Back