South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 13!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the thread jack, but is anyone interested in splitting a case of 4-pack cardboard carriers?

http://www.pakitproducts.com/cardboard4packbottlecarrier.aspx

With shipping, it's ~$86 for 200 ct. Looking to split it with someone, so $43 for 100ct of them. AHS just got them in, but they're more expensive (18 ct for $14.40 plus shipping).

If someone wants 50 for $21.50, I'd do that too.

Bring a pickaxe for rice hulls haha :)
:rockin:

The delivery date has been set for Wednesday, March 9th at 7:00pm!
(RAIN/SNOW will be the only cause for a change)

1618 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

When arriving at NEMF, Please wait OUTSIDE in the parking lot to the left of the building until you see me and a pallet of grain! Once you see me and the pallets, drive through the gate on the RIGHT SIDE of the building and drive all the way around the building.

If you are splitting a sack with someone, either plan on bringing a scale or getting a Homer Bucket at Home Depot and eyeballing up your split.

If you can not make it to the pick up on time on the 9th, PLEASE make arrangements for someone else to hold your grain for you!
NEMF is being very kind to allow us to continuously use there parking lot to split up our order. Lets not over stay our welcome.

If you can pickup for another member, please do! We have to try not to fill up the lot with cars. They still need to move trucks around.

If you have any questions or problems, please post on the forum or call me directly @ 856-313-3873

Cheers!The delivery date has been set for Wednesday, March 9th at 7:00pm!
(RAIN/SNOW will be the only cause for a change)

1618 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

When arriving at NEMF, Please wait OUTSIDE in the parking lot to the left of the building until you see me and a pallet of grain! Once you see me and the pallets, drive through the gate on the RIGHT SIDE of the building and drive all the way around the building.

If you are splitting a sack with someone, either plan on bringing a scale or getting a Homer Bucket at Home Depot and eyeballing up your split.

If you can not make it to the pick up on time on the 9th, PLEASE make arrangements for someone else to hold your grain for you!
NEMF is being very kind to allow us to continuously use there parking lot to split up our order. Lets not over stay our welcome.

If you can pickup for another member, please do! We have to try not to fill up the lot with cars. They still need to move trucks around.

If you have any questions or problems, please post on the forum or call me directly @ 856-xxx-xxxx

Cheers!

ohhhh nooooo- not this wedneday!
I am playing out- backing up a gaggle of blues harp players at Mc Gillicutties in Roxboro that night.
I would be forever indebted to anyone who would grab my bags and hang on to them (that would be my bags of grain, of course) until i could pick them up or maybe bring them to the next south jersey club meeting.

ohhhh nooooo- not this wedneday!
I am playing out- backing up a gaggle of blues harp players at Mc Gillicutties in Roxboro that night.
I would be forever indebted to anyone who would grab my bags and hang on to them (that would be my bags of grain, of course) until i could pick them up or maybe bring them to the next south jersey club meeting.

I can pick them up if you like. I live in South Philly. I do not however I am not a member of the South Jeresy club so you would have to pick them up at my house. Let me know

Can anyone pick up my bag of rice hulls? I won't be able to meet at the pick up on Wednesday.

Since you're in atco, you're pretty close to ferman. I'll hold it for you if he can't. Shoot him a PM

as of right now, rain is likely for wednesday evening
Looks like it moved forward a few hours. We will have to play it by ear. If it doesn't seem promising by Tuesday afternoon, we will have to reschedule.

MAKE SURE EVERYONE CHECKS THE FORUM BEFORE GOING ON WEDNESDAY IN CASE OF RAIN!

I will be in Atco on Thursday afternoon, probably Friday too, if necessary. Let me know and you can meet me at the track if noone else can hold for you

I can grab them for you Ryan. Just give me a text when you get a chance to meet up and grab them.

Cool! Thanks. Sorry planning a surprise party for my wife so this week is crazy. I should be able to pick up sacks but, if not I will let you know ahead of time.

Bad news guys, NCM just called and said they got hit with 20" of snow and their lot is snowed in. No trucks going out until its cleared!

THAT MEANS THE PICKUP FOR WEDNESDAY IS CANCELED!

I have to wait for a call back to set up a new delivery date. I'll keep everyone posted!

Bad news guys, NCM just called and said they got hit with 20" of snow and their lot is snowed in. No trucks going out until its cleared!

I have to wait for a call back to set up a new delivery date. I'll keep everyone posted!

That's BS, we know you plan on using all 42 sacks for brewing in the next 2 weeks :tank:

Please, I saw the NEMF truck headed up fork landing and heard a jack hammer later.. must have been splitting up the rice hulls

If anyone get stuck with extra 2-row lordura, I can lend a helping hand. I am local and willing to pickup anytime. I was in the first group buy. Thanks!

Ok...what's the deal with a jackhammer and the rice hulls...I've never got them b4, so I'm missing the joke...

Seth, he has quarts it for $10. It's like 3 pounds. Let me know and I'll get it to you.

Seth, he has quarts it for $10. It's like 3 pounds. Let me know and I'll get it to you.

Ok, I'll take a quart for $10, sweet. I want to try that caramel amber that's in the recipe data base

Ok...what's the deal with a jackhammer and the rice hulls...I've never got them b4, so I'm missing the joke...

Because they stuff all 50 pounds into a brick the size of a shoebox (exaggerating but it seems like it!!).. pain in the ass to split up !!

sethga said:
Because they stuff all 50 pounds into a brick the size of a shoebox (exaggerating but it seems like it!!).. pain in the ass to split up !!

Ah, gotcha. Well, glad I'm not splitting it up then!

Is this week delivery out of the question? Just wanna make sure I will be able to be there to pick up.

Is this week delivery out of the question? Just wanna make sure I will be able to be there to pick up.
Unfortunately. It takes about 2 days for the truck to make it from NCM to NEMF. Since the truck hasn't even left yet, the earliest i suspect would be the beginning of next week (depending on the weather).

Aww, this sucks I had plans for 24lbs of grain on Saturday.

When is round 14 coming? I'd love to get in on one of these.

Does everyone just meet at a loading dock somewhere one night to split up the pallet? Reason I ask is I'm usually out of town for work Mon-Thurs every week, so having to show up at a particular time on a Wednesday would be problematic.

^Yep, we show up at the depot and split it up. There's so many of us around here, especially close to the pickup, that even if we're not buying anything I'll still watch in case people need to hold / deliver ..

Back