You all were right (bottle conditioning)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JnJ

Reaction score
With most of my batches, I test a bottle after a week, then again after 2 weeks and by the 3rd week the beer is gone. :) Well I have an Irish Red Ale that I tested at 1 week and noticed an off taste and smell that seemed to me to be metallic. Reminded me of when grinding or cutting a lot of metal, that taste you get in your mouth. Needless to say, I was concerned, my pot is SS and no other metal comes in contact with my beer. So, at the 2 week mark I tested another and though a little more faint, I could still taste the off taste. I figured the batch was a goner, but I decided to just leave it. Well this past Friday was 3 weeks in the bottle so I grabbed a couple yesterday and put them in the frig. After chilling I popped the top and the beer was great! No off taste at all. So, I guess if you have an off flavor, give it more time.

Latest posts

Back