Quick Advice!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoebisch01

Reaction score
Pete's Wanderlust Cream Ale....comments? Special item $10 a case. Must be older stock at a local dist. I have never had anything from Pete's.

They also have:

Wild Goose Pumpkin Patch 12 oz
(Brooklyn's) Post Road Pumpkin Ale 12 oz

for the same price....never had anything Pumpkin,

[edited to fix typo's from original site]

Man where the heck is this at? I've never heard of any of those beers. I've heard of Pete's but not that particular type... other kinds I've tried were good though.

Ok so, I figured for $10 a case that is pretty much less than what it costs to buy bottles so even if I hated it, it would be a win-win situation.

I went for the Brooklyn Post Road. It is drinkable. I am not in love with it by any means, but it seems to be fairly well balanced and a clean finish with a strange spicyness that lingers for a bit. The color is very beautiful, and hey for $10 it's not bad. I doubt I would ever pay the original price though, as there are too many far superior ales out there imho. I would have preferred it with a maltier finish rather than clean, but that is just me.

I'm in State College right now, but leaving this afternoon. I might swing by and pick up one of these 'specials'! Like you said, it costs $9 for a case of bottles, so as long as these are 'pop-tops' there is absolutely no hurt in buying them with beer in!!!

SilkkyBrew said:
I'm in State College right now, but leaving this afternoon. I might swing by and pick up one of these 'specials'! Like you said, it costs $9 for a case of bottles, so as long as these are 'pop-tops' there is absolutely no hurt in buying them with beer in!!!

Yeah that was my reasoning. It's not a bad brew. I was debating between the Pete's and the Post Road, but in the end I figured I'd try something that seemed to have a little more character. They have quite a bit left, at least as of yesterday.

Back