Adding dry hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewishowardm3

Reaction score
Hi all. Just a quick question any good feed back would be much appreciated.
When I made my last batch of coopers ipa I added a hop tea using 0.5 oz of hops. But I'm doubtful that I'm going to get any aroma or flavour. Would it be ok to dry hop or would this be too much hops added?

Early on with Cooper's cans,I made a hop tea first,but used an ounce or two. Then brewed the beer.
In this case,Cooper's IPA is the English version. More bittering than hop bomb as our version is. So the .6oz would be ok to keep it more English. I can't remember if they dry hop theirs,but you could go ahead & dry hop 1 week.

I would definitely dry hop. I do with the Coopers IPA. I generally use 2-3 ounces of hops in a tea and another 1-2 ounces in a dry hop for 7 days for a nice and hoppy IPA with a very American IPA flavor.

That's the question the brewer needs to ask theirself. Do I want English or American style? They're not the same,but good.

Well I'm from England and want to experience a more American style ipa if possible.

Back