Summer Beers to drink according to Time.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I also thought their choices were kind of odd for summer. I can't imagine drinking a milk stout out on the beach ("Milk was a bad choice!"). I would say about half of them were certainly reasonable though. Saison Dupont is probably the best summer beer of all time, so I am really glad they had that in there. I actually just had the Helles Schlenkerla a couple weeks ago, and it was great out back while I was grilling.

Um, am I the only one who thinks that Left Hand Milk Stout on nitro is the best desert island beer?? I would totally drink that on a beach!

If they meant LEFT HAND Milk Stout Nitro, why'd they leave out the brewery name? My first thought on reading the title was "Why do I need Time.com telling me what beers I'm drinking this summer?" Not much changed after reading the article.

The LH Milk Stout is a wonderful beer. Stone Levitation is up there, but very far from Stone's best. The rest of the list.....meh (or I'll probably never be in a position to drink one).

AmandaK said:
Um, am I the only one who thinks that Left Hand Milk Stout on nitro is the best desert island beer?? I would totally drink that on a beach!

Yeah. You're probably the only one. But if you're on a desert island who cares? :D

Btw what exactly is the Nitro Milk Stout? I've had the regular milk stout before and its ok. Not a favorite though.

I say just turn the a/c waaaay up and keep drinking the good winter beers!

BUT, when I'm on the boat I stick with Caribbean lagers. Carib might be my "dirty little beer secret" but I don't care. I can't bring myself to brew the light wimpy stuff so I buy my Caribs or Kalik Golds for the boat, then drink real beer when I get home.

Bottom line is, to each their own. Like the original post says, it's good to see any kind of ink touting beer that isn't mainstream. If that's what it takes to get a few more into the club, so be it. Works for me.

Latest posts

Back