Chicago Area AG Seminar!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Good news for all of us Chicago area homebrewers interested in all-grain brewing! The Brewers Coop is holding a free all-grain seminar on Saturday, October 1st. The seminar will run from 10:00am – 3:00pm. They have a sign up sheet at the shop, but when I was there yesterday, they said it was only so they can have an idea of how many people will show up. They usually like to serve brats and refreshments during seminars and wouldn’t want to run short.

This is a great opportunity to learn from a couple of homebrewers turned pro! The Brewers Coop is located in the Two Brothers Brewing facility. The address is 30W114 Butterfield Road in Warrenville, IL, just west of Route 59 and north of I-88. Their phone number is 630-393-BEER(2337).

I will definitely be there and hope to see some of you there, too!

That would be cool! :) I'll be there from the start, so I'll fill you in on anything you might have missed!

I'm guessing some of the members of the Urban Knaves of Grain homebrew club may be there or helping out, although I don't know that for sure. I hope so, as two of their members just won gold medals at the 2005 NHC.

I believe one the members (Ted Seaman ?)of Knaves owns and operates the home brewshop in St. Charles. I teach in St. Charles and frequent that shop for most my needs. I'll ask "Who's Rhoobarb?" It will be great to put a face to the name.

Cheers!
Greg

Yeah, do that. Here's a tip - I usually wear brown hiking boots with bright red shoelaces on the weekends!

I only have 5 all-grain sessions under my belt, so I'm really looking forward to this! :D

Born Brewing Co. said:
I believe one the members (Ted Seaman ?)of Knaves owns and operates the home brewshop in St. Charles. I teach in St. Charles and frequent that shop for most my needs. I'll ask "Who's Rhoobarb?" It will be great to put a face to the name.

Cheers!
Greg
Um, no, it's Ed Seaman!! He's a real nice guy too!! I may have to try to get down there just for grins!!

"Here's a tip - I usually wear brown hiking boots with bright red shoelaces on the weekends!"

As me and Born Brewing bump into each other because we're both looking at peoples shoelaces!!! :p

I don't think I have anything major going on that day, so I'll try to make it out there (unless the wife makes fun of me too much for being a brewgeek). I'll probably have my Cubs jersey. It's the Michael Barrett #8 jersey. We can all figure out a way to ID each other come Friday night, then maybe we can have a beer or 12 afterwards.

El Pistolero said:
Aren't you worried you're wife will make fun of you for that too? ;)

No. She's mad at me for buying it because it was going to be a Christmas present. I geeked out and dropped $160 + tax for the official jersey. It's the official uniform of the Weekend for me (at least until baseball is over).

All Sox, all the time! :D I actually grew up a Cubs fan. But ten years of living in Wrigleyville and enduring disapointment soon soured me. :(

Besides, I grew up in Naperville and that is a Southwest suburb... sort of. Besides, it's easier to get to The Cell from I-55. There is: actual parking, better concessions and, to top it all off, rooting for the Sox P.O.'s the plushies (Cub 'die-hards')! :p

Other than the Sox, what real winning sports team do we have? :mad:

Rhoobarb said:
Other than the Sox, what real winning sports team do we have?
I'm sorry...I must have passed out. :( So the season over already, and the black sox already did win something? :confused: ;)

Sorry Rhoobarb...couldn't resist. Peace, Love, and Shoeless Joe belongs in the hall of fame!! :mad:

El Pistolero said:
I'm sorry...I must have passed out. So the season over already, and the black sox already did win something? :confused:

Sorry Rhoobarb...couldn't resist. Peace, Love, and Shoeless Joe belongs in the hall of fame!! :mad:

You're a mean one, ... Mr Grinch! ;)

See you at playoff time!

Rhoobarb said:
All Sox, all the time! :D I actually grew up a Cubs fan. But ten years of living in Wrigleyville and enduring disapointment soon soured me. :(

Besides, I grew up in Naperville and that is a Southwest suburb... sort of. Besides, it's easier to get to The Cell from I-55. There is: actual parking, better concessions and, to top it all off, rooting for the Sox P.O.'s the plushies (Cub 'die-hards')! :p

Other than the Sox, what real winning sports team do we have? :mad:

That whole rivalry is so manufactured. The Sox are my AL team of the year (not that I like the AL, but...) I have a Sox jersey too, it's just not official. Nor was it purchased by me.

Cheesefood said:
That whole rivalry is so manufactured....QUOTE]

Oh, not if you ask die-hard Sox fans! OTOH, die-hard Sox fans scare me - kinda like marrying cousins who eat their young! ;) Or, jump out of their seats and beat the opposing team's first base coach. :(

Rhoobarb said:
Oh, not if you ask die-hard Sox fans! OTOH, die-hard Sox fans scare me - kinda like marrying cousins who eat their young! ;) Or, jump out of their seats and beat the opposing team's first base coach. :(

What does a Sox fan get his son as a 13th birthday present?
Matching arm tattoos.

The Sox Motto: If you can't beat 'em, beat 'em up.

Address for the Sox Fan Club: Corner of 26th and Division.

Cheesefood said:
What does a Sox fan get his son as a 13th birthday present?
Matching arm tattoos.

The Sox Motto: If you can't beat 'em, beat 'em up.

Address for the Sox Fan Club: Corner of 26th and Division.

LOL! :D :p

Born Brewing Co. said:
Sorry, BitterRat. Yes, ED is very nice and helpful everytime I'm in the shop...Usually once a week!
No need to appologize to me!!

"That whole rivalry is so manufactured."

Couldn't agree more!! I can think of nothing greater for Chicago sports than to have both in the playoffs and ( gulp), I won't even say it!! :cool:

BitterRat said:
... I can think of nothing greater for Chicago sports than to have both in the playoffs ...

And I would answer, "Exactly when is it expected to freeze over?" ;)

BitterRat said:
Couldn't agree more!! I can think of nothing greater for Chicago sports than to have both in the playoffs and ( gulp), I won't even say it!! :cool:
With Ditka coaching both teams. :D

Back