What a Girl!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottT

Reaction score
Yes, I'm bragging on my new wife. I went home for lunch and got a surprise.

Get your minds out of the gutter boys. She asked me if I'd been in to the computer room. I said no. Well she says, you've got someting in there.

So I walk in there and in front of my keyboard is a brand new CD that says "ProMash". :D

What a sweet heart. I don't have to use recipator any more. :)

Hmmmm. sounds like guilt to me to be honest. What's she done? Broken a carboy? Dropped your hydrometer? Worse? She reckons that this nice new shiny thing will keep you distracted for long enough that you won't see the other...... be afraid. be very afraid.
Same way as when we guys buy flowers, she suspects that we have slept with her sister/mother/cousin/friend.
:)

kenmc said:
Hmmmm. sounds like guilt to me to be honest. What's she done? Broken a carboy? Dropped your hydrometer? Worse? She reckons that this nice new shiny thing will keep you distracted for long enough that you won't see the other...... be afraid. be very afraid.
Same way as when we guys buy flowers, she suspects that we have slept with her sister/mother/cousin/friend.
:)

Well now that you mention it, she may be making up for the hard time she was giving me before the wedding. We went around a few times about how much money I was spending on brewing equipment instead of saving for the wedding. Of course, I told her that once we were married, she'd have a say and not before. Why the heck did she think that I was in such a rush to get equiped? I had told her that I was done for the rest of the year except for ingredients. She had asked me for a Christmas wish list and this promash software was one of the items.

When she gave it to me, I told her that this was supposed to be for Christmas and she says, "Yes, but you need it now." Heck, I may get coal for Christmas now. :(

about promash, i downloaded the evaluation demo. whats the difference between the demo and the full version?

ScottT said:
Of course, I told her that once we were married, she'd have a say and not before.

Wow... that was a bold move. I'm sure my wife would have removed some sensitive pieces of my anatomy if I had said something like that to her prior to our wedding! :)

-walker

nice! i used the demo for a while, but broke down and ordered the software and downloaded it last Sunday. you'll dig it!

i did the same thing! i sat in the garage with it while i brewed last sunday. bad thing is, i never even watched football. too busy playing w/ promash and brewing!!!!

BeeGee said:
That's pretty serious in Texas!

ScottT, why don't you plug your hefe recipe in with the LME and see how the color turns out? I'd be curious to see if it's close to what you're seeing IRL.

I've done it and it gives me an Est. SRM of 5.1. Style guidelines are 2-8 SRM. I should say though that the carboy is changing color as many predicted. It is getting lighter in color but the yeast havn't dropped out yet and I know that it's going to darken some when they do.

One of the coolest things I've found so far playing around with it is the water adjustment caluclator.

I plugged in the specs from the public water report (just selected mid range numbers from the report specs) and am able to adjust to match pretty dang close to brewing water from the biggest brew centers in the world. That's a neat little wizzard. I can see that I'm going to need lots of time to play with this thing. There's a lot in there.

ScottT said:
I can see that I'm going to need lots of time to play with this thing. There's a lot in there.

Yeah, Promash almost convinced me to try a decoction mash last weekend just because I could set one up in the mash designer. Then I realized I would miss my soccer game if I attempted it.

If you keep very careful notes you can really get the system settings dialed in for your setup and I've found them to be quite accurate in terms of strike temperatures, water required, efficiency, etc.

Back