Nottingham yeast question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righlander

Reaction score
so my brown ale has been in the fermenter 1 week. OG was 1.051. temp was around 65-68 first 7 days. so yesterday i took a reading it was 1.020. so i was immediately annoyed (usually most my beers are at 1.016 or under at this point) so i took a reading today..1.018. i was planning on transferring to secondary on monday (three days from now). would disturbing some of the yeast on the bottom kick the fermentation up a little? i was hoping for an FG of 1.014. usually i leave my beers in primary for 3 weeks. but i want to do a secondary this time

You should be able to get it down there... you could try rousing the yeast and warming up a bit to see if that does anything... i think you will be fine... leave it in there another week and then check it out... should be just fine...

I'd just keep an eye on it, and if your gravity is where you want it Monday, then transfer. If not, just let it sit. The yeast is obviously still active, so they'll keep doing their job.

Back