Longest Brew Day Ever?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thadius856

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brew once every other weekend. Took the last brew day off. Nothing in primary or secondary, with only 15 gallons of beer bottled, 5 gallons of Apfelwein bottled, and four kegs in the keezer at varying levels. Decided it was time to pump things back up.

Just finished the brew day spanning from 6am to 10pm, mostly solo. Total was five 10 gallon batches, to include:

10 gallons of Black Pearl Porter (AG)
10 gallons of Centennial Blonde (AG)
10 gallons of Reaper's Mild (AG)
10 gallons of Apfelwein
10 gallons of Skeeter Pee

Still have three fermenters left empty for cider later this week (my WLP 300 starter didn't finish in time for this brew day).

What's your longest brew day?

All I can think is that you must drink a lot more beer than I do.

I have been trying to shorten my brew days, not make them longer. I don't know what my longest is exactly, but I know there was one day about a year or so ago where I planned it to use every hour of daylight since I had to do a long decoction schedule followed by a 2+ hour boil, and then I had to make another beer with the second runnings. Since I only had one boil kettle that turned out to be a rather long day. I finished cleaning up my equipment in the dark.

You are the guy I need to ask a question. When you finish boiling one, do you clean the BK or just leave the hot break in and fill her back up? Thread jack over. That is one hell of brew day, I did two ten gallons back to back and that was hard.

A 5 10-gallon batch brewday is hardcore.:mug:

I've had some long pressing days during cider season, but I'd wander off long before 16 hours.

i always do three 5 gallon batches when i brew.. it takes a lot of effort to get my rig setup so i capitalize.. my last one which i had a couple 90 min boils i was pushing 8 hours.. combination of one propane burner not working the way it should and neighbors stopping by to chat/drink doesn't help either :)

You are the guy I need to ask a question. When you finish boiling one, do you clean the BK or just leave the hot break in and fill her back up? Thread jack over. That is one hell of brew day, I did two ten gallons back to back and that was hard.

Rinse the BK with a hose, drain the crap, empty the hop spider, and its ready to go, Same for the MT. Didn't even bother taking it apart.

Wish id ha d a couple more buckets. At the end I was milling into a Polarware kettle.

Back