American Ale Yeast Showdown 01

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work, and well presented.

I have been somewhat obsessed with 1332 (Wyeast Northwest) since this spring. I purchased some for a planned American Amber Ale, but then discovered that it came to Hale's by way of the Gale's brewery in the UK. I put it to work on two of the four Gale's clone recipes I have in my library, and the results couldn't have been more English.

Which is all a long way of saying, when you do your English ale yeast comparison, consider throwing 1332 into the mix. It is quite lovely in a bitter, and I think it would be fantastic in a dry stout, if you could manage to get it dry enough.

You did a great job with this write up. Thank you for sharing.

I recently switched to WY1272 as my "house" American strain and love it. I have used it in 2 Scottish Ales, 2 Pale Ales and a Cream Ale. Going to do an IPA with it soon.

-Josh

You did a great job with this write up. Thank you for sharing.

I recently switched to WY1272 as my "house" American strain and love it. I have used it in 2 Scottish Ales, 2 Pale Ales and a Cream Ale. Going to do an IPA with it soon.

-Josh

I too have started using 1272 a lot for my house strain.

great write up BTW>

Latest posts

Back