• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Cider brewing kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgr52

Reaction score
I am brand new and would like to purchase a brew kit. Whether it is a Mr.beer or otherwise, I thought this would be the best place to buy kit, from experienced brewers.

The best bet is to look through some of the online brewing supply shops and look at their brewing kits. Most of the sites are going to have several options at different prices.
MoreBeer Kit 1
MoreBeer kit 2
Midwest Kit
Northern Brewer Kit

The great part about homebrewing is that most of the equipment from even the most basic kit will be stuff you use for advanced brewing. So don't worry about buying stuff you won't use in the future.

If it is cider you want to make you'll need little more than one of the kits shown here (minus the ingredients for the cider of course), but if you are going to make beer you will also need a boil kettle.

Take a look at some of the kits online and let us know what direction you are heading. Many of the members here could talk for hours on the topic, so post a reply and let us know the specific problems or questions you are having and you'll get better advice.

Aside from that, I'd make an effort to meet some local homebrewers or stop by your local homebrew shop if you have one. Both of these groups are usually more than happy to help.

Cheers!

Back