Tank filled today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
I had a tank filled this morning around 9:00, just when to put the regs on it and it is completely empty. Newer tank and never have had a problem with it before, called the company and they said stop back by, they would fill it again. What might be the problem?
Thanks

A leak in the tank, it was just setting all by itself?

You would hear a leaky tank. I always listen when I turn the valve on. Yesterday I put my latest on gas and heard hissing, and not a slow hissing, and immediately turned it off. It was the regulator threaded to the tank that was loose. Pretty simple, but there was no mistake there was a problem.

This is what I found out, went back the drive shop to get it re-filled. The employee put 5# of CO2 into my 2.5# tank; I just needed the little one topped off for the holiday to travel with. So they gave me back my money from the other day. Then I went to Praxair, to do an exchange, the shop manager was the one that was helping me. I told him the story and this is what he told me, if tanks get over filled as the cool down to room temp they will blow out the rings inside the overflow valve. So I did an exchange for it.

Yea, you may have popped the safety valve. This happened to me recently right before a party. Luckily, there's a liquor store that fills tanks here until 2AM!

Yea, you may have popped the safety valve. [\QUOTE]

That is what happened, this time I went along to watch them fill it and the gas was going in one side and out the safety valve on the other.

That's funny the rocket scientist that filled it originally didn't notice that.

Back