Who's Got Pumpkin Carving Pics???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inhousebrew

Reaction score
So one reason I like brewing beer is because it allows for a chance to be creative. With that said, I also like Halloween because it allows me a chance to be creative in costumes and pumpkins. So, here's this years pumpkin. I wasn't sure what to do but Batman seems to be in this year so I did a silhouette of him jumping off a building in front of the moon. I think the original is from Batman the Animated Series.

IMG_1167.jpg

And I really, really wish I had gotten a better picture of this one two years ago because it's hard to tell but this is my Antoine Dodson (aka: The Bed Intruder guy). So you can run and tell, run and tell that, run and tell that, home, home, homeboy...

DSCN1294.jpg

This is about as creative as I get when it comes to jack-o-lanterns.

2012.jpg

^Sometimes there is something creepy about simplicity. Not sure if that is supposed to be happy or scary.

My daughter said she wanted to carve pumpkins this year. I told her I'll carve with her, but she is going to have to carve a cool pumpkin. She's too old for carving lame stuff.

Maybe tonight, since she doesn't have dance. Maybe I'll carve a Gary Bettman pumpkin. Nothing scarier than guy who can drain the joy out of the fall season for millions of people.

l.jpg

This is one I did several years ago. Unfortunately, I woke up the next day and it had collapsed in on itself... 4 hours of work down the drain.

l.jpg

This is one I did several years ago. Unfortunately, I woke up the next day and it had collapsed in on itself... 4 hours of work down the drain.

That sucks, at least you got the picture. Was it inside or outside? I had one fall apart on me because I left it inside so the squirrels didn't chew at it and the heat caused it to decay faster. The Batman one is covered in olive oil which is supposed to preserve it and it's in the garage so it's cold. Also, I guess the stem still provides nutrients to the pumpkin so cutting it off hastens decay. Cutting your hole in the back or bottom and you can avoid this problem.

I try every year but usually end up getting "pumpkin lust" and eating the thing half way through carving. It always starts with sticking the carved out bits in a microwave for a minute or two with some butter and black pepper and then end up eating the whole thing.

This year SWMBO bought us two so I could eat one and still offer up a carved jack o lantern to our ever hopeful 7 year old. She got bored waiting for me to finish eating and started drawing up her own pattern for me to use the sharp knife on so here's her witch.

image-2113093272.jpg

mcspanner said:
I try every year but usually end up getting "pumpkin lust" and eating the thing half way through carving. It always starts with sticking the carved out bits in a microwave for a minute or two with some butter and black pepper and then end up eating the whole thing.

This year SWMBO bought us two so I could eat one and still offer up a carved jack o lantern to our ever hopeful 7 year old. She got bored waiting for me to finish eating and started drawing up her own pattern for me to use the sharp knife on so here's her witch.

I'll be eating that tomorrow.....

Latest posts

Back