Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DPBISME said:
Nice you answered a question I have been tring to figure out...

I am building one and using an old table top... it is heavy and I was worried about the hinges on the Chest Freezer supporting it....

I like the frame around the freezer.

DPB

Really like the wood wrap!

image-3216794088.jpg

Here's my vintage GE converted fridge I got set up for 1/2 barrels or 5 gallon coke kegs entire setup was free :)

Haha I didn't drill mine (yet) I got it with the tap already in but I want to add a second here soon I'll post more pics then

Not sure if this will work or not but here is what I am working with:

attachment.php

Free fridge from the last day of a garage sale and some chalkboard paint. Room for one more tap then I need to find something else.

kegerator.jpg

just built this guy today. Have to get a new keg cause the one i bought is 2 inches too tall. Can you guess what my apartment # is :)

Maybe the keg you bought is 2 inches too short.:confused:

There are two kinds of Cornie keg. The pin locks are wider and narrower than ball lock and may fit into your fridge.

Photopilot said:
I am pretty sure i have posted before on this thread with my setup. But it has moved across country since then and been updated just recently. I have made a new test tube rack to represent all the beverages present. Also found a 24" long SS drip tray to catch all the dripping.

Since this picture I have filled the #3 spot. Current line up is

[*]Rasp Wheat
[*]ApfelWein
[*]Graff
[*]KiltedCat Kilt Lifter
[*]CocoPuff Stout
[*]Stolen Property Porter
[*]Smoked Porter
[*]Carbonated Carlsbad Spring Water

Currently I am out of beer though=No IPA or IIPA on tap.

The other photos are the Huge mini fridge for bottles and mixers to the left of the Keezer. The liquor table to the right. The entire room which is an enclosed porch that it resides in, in Southern California which is a major upgrade from the basement in Utah where the keezer and I used to reside.:rockin:

Hey since you're all settled now, do you still plan to move the water tap to the side and add the stout tap?

Im new here, but have been lurking for a while. I fabricate race cars as a hobby, and wanted a keezer to go with that theme. Its not finished, but you get the idea.

Its all 304 SS, and i brush finished the tubes before welding to show off the cool color stainless turns after welding. There are 4 access caps behind each tap, and the tube is insulated. The end will get a nice cap, thats on the bench to be finished tomorrow. I also added a fan for the tower to help keep it cool. The computer fan isn't enough, eventually it will need a squirl cage fan for higher flow. I also made the compact gas manifold. The drip tray is siliconed to the top, and i welded a drain stem to it that goes through the lid for draining into a container inside the keezer.

55de734c.jpg

c9f93c89.jpg

4fe8688d.jpg

fa71430b.jpg

I will get some better pictures soon. I am going to make a wheeled frame for it with casters as well.

So, we're in escrow for our first house. While looking in the garage the other day I casually pointed to one corner and said that's where I'm going to build a bar and a keezer for the kegs (15 years of homebrewing and I still bottle, mainly because of SWMBO's concern that I'll start drinking too much and get fat[er]. So I always get shot down at the mere mention of the idea.).

Her reply? "Cool! :)"

I'm in!!!!

So, in a couple months, expect to see my progress reports here! :mug:

yep its a clone, and the link above is the recipe i followed

Pretty legit clone?

This will have to hold me over in the meantime.

29fp110.jpg

I will get pictures of my setup posted as soon as the basement gets finished - here is a shot of the tap handles and the tower. 3 Floyds Alpha King handle and a Dogfish Special Edition handle. I have Perlick faucets, not yet installed.

b96has.jpg

Love it barnbrew:rockin:
Not only is it a bar but it's a full kitchen. Perfect for the nachos to go with the brew:tank:

By the way are those mini kegs for light fixtures???

rockinmarty said:
Love it barnbrew:rockin:
Not only is it a bar but it's a full kitchen. Perfect for the nachos to go with the brew:tank:

By the way are those mini kegs for light fixtures???

Yes, they're Bells mini kegs that I made can lights out of. Each one has the year it was kegged and they're different each year so a lot of people here collect them.

Back