The stupidest comment on your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:off:
By the way, speaking of a smoked cheddarr....

My fiance is a cheese monger. Before this I had no idea that "cheddar" is a verb. The process of making a cheddar cheese is "cheddaring" and technically you are eating a "cheddared cheese."

I mention this because before running into you folks I didnt know that lager is beer that had been "lagered." Aint language great?

Red Zinfandel is typically a big, spicy, full, delicious red wine and probably my favorite variety. Hard to believe that disgusting pink kool-aid known as white zinfandel comes from the same grape.

Yes - a big red Zinfandel is awesome with a grilled steak. It's even better with a steakhouse-type steak where they blast the steak with a crazy amount of heat to give it that awesome char/bark on the outside. Mmmmm.

my favorite.. gave my friend a bottle of a Saison.

"yep, definately taste the hops. Thats hoppy!!"

20 ibu's..

Not really a stupid comment, but this just happened. I keep my buddies pretty well stocked up with whatever I currently have on tap. One of them told me that he gave one of my beers to his neighbor. Today he brought him the bottle back and said "that was pretty good, but if you ever get anymore, you don't have to bring me any though."

I was told by one of my wife's friends that my beer could use another week. :drunk:

This chick knows nothing about brewing.

She just repeated what I told her an hour earlier, just to act like she knew something.

@carlt, I don't do well with strong "coffee" note beers in general. The guinness "clones" I've tasted are frequently loaded with it and I don't like it much either. Is a frequent point of contention with my wife and I.

And I figured the "zinfendel" spelling was an attempt to redneck-ize the quote. We're not ready fans of either variety personally but I have no problem with people who like either.

I pull my neighbor a pint of my black ipa (77 ibu 6.9% 28 srm).
Neighbor says "Tastes like Newcastle."
But He is cool and will learn the ways of good beer. I think the wonder bread metaphor is very apt.

I gave a self-proclaimed beer connoisseur at work a bottle of my holiday ale... he said it was like "drinking a ginger-snap"...

I suppose a good'un... only had a smidge of ginger, a dash of cinnamon with enough ABV to warm you on a cold Minnesota night... no one turned down a second bottle though... :D

No sweat... everyone has their tastes... BTW, it was good and ended up as two cases of empties in no time..!

I gave a self-proclaimed beer connoisseur at work a bottle of my holiday ale... he said it was like "drinking a ginger-snap"...

I wouldn't consider that an insult. I've compared some spiced winter ales to cookies before and meant it in the best way. Now, if I had made a double IPA and he was comparing it to ginger-snaps, then I might be a little annoyed.

At any rate, it sounds like it was popular, and that's what counts!

"How was it?"
"Oh, you know, it was great, I really liked it."
"Awesome!"
"But I gave half of it to my boyfriend."
*beat*
"Why?"
"It was just really... dark."
"It was a milk porter."
"I thought it would be more milky." *pause* "I can't drink dark beers."

I dunno. But brace yourself for the inevitable "Oh, I can only handle one Guinness because it's soooooo heavy!" comments that are going to come up shortly.

I dunno. But brace yourself for the inevitable "Oh, I can only handle one Guinness because it's soooooo heavy!" comments that are going to come up shortly.
one of my favorites!- i love to vociferously agree as a i proceed to down a dozen or so pints as fast as i can. i tell them my pooh is like led zeppelin.

I especially like it when they say "Guinness is too heavy. I'll have a MGD" when MGD is quite a bit heavier than Guinness.

My family drinks nothing but budweiser and coors and my aunt tried our pumpkin ale and said it was way too strong. My grandma also tried it and said it was good for being a beer not like budweiser and coors. There's also the people like my mom who exaggerate how good it is without giving any real opinion and you can never tell if they are just saying that...I think that can be just as annoying....

people like my mom who exaggerate how good it is without giving any real opinion and you can never tell if they are just saying that...I think that can be just as annoying....

Annoying, maybe, but c'mon. If your friggin' MOM won't back you up no matter what, you need a better mom. And it sounds like you're all set. :D

If it really bugs you, maybe be like "Hey, mom, I'm guessing you aren't really that into my beer. What do YOU like beer to taste like?" And then you can go brew her up a blonde or whatever it is she really wants.

Annoying, maybe, but c'mon. If your friggin' MOM won't back you up no matter what, you need a better mom. And it sounds like you're all set. :D

If it really bugs you, maybe be like "Hey, mom, I'm guessing you aren't really that into my beer. What do YOU like beer to taste like?" And then you can go brew her up a blonde or whatever it is she really wants.

Haha agreed! I know that's a mom's job, i guess its more just how she goes about it. I just know her so well and when she's exaggerating. She's into more beers than the rest of my family so I don't think its so much that she's not into what we're brewing. Guess I just won't rely on her to critique our beer :)

Back