HBT on Iphone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marnel

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a heads up for those waiting, the hbt iphone app showed up in the app store for me today :mug:

thumbs_up.gif
awesome! I just downloaded the ipad and iphone apps!

Glad to have a proper app, but:

- I seem to jump to the last post in the thread rather than the first despite choosing that option in settings

- app crashes when reading current threads, leaving phone for a while (an hour or so) and hitting the load more threads button

Awesome otherwise so far...

brew2enjoy said:
I can view post with the android app but I don't see an option to post. Weird

You have to hit the settings button, and then click reply.

Sent from my DROIDX

The app doesn't work I tried with 3 different iPhones. 2 were mine( 1st gen, 3gs) It just opens then crashes back to the springboard. Why does this only work with new phones or ipads. I think it needs some bugs worked out.

It had the plus sign on the download icon so it may just be for the latest apple devices.

I'm using it now and all seems well. New phones should be out in June. Time to upgrade.

Seems to work on my 3rd gen iTouch

Sent from my iPod touch using HB Talk

noblanks1969 said:
It had the plus sign on the download icon so it may just be for the latest apple devices.

I'm using it now and all seems well. New phones should be out in June. Time to upgrade.

Plus sign means it's a "universal" app. One download with multiple versions inside. Which device you run it on (iphone vs. ipad) determines which version of the app is run.

armageddon said:
Plus sign means it's a "universal" app. One download with multiple versions inside. Which device you run it on (iphone vs. ipad) determines which version of the app is run.

I had to chose iPad to get this version. This is great, I like the look of the site using the app..

If you have a droid, you might want to try Dolphin HD browser. You can emulate a desktop computer from it and surf HBT (or any other forums) just like on your PC.

The app is nice, but I prefer it on dolphin. Just letting people know it's out there, not trying to crap on anyone's parade.

Cheers!

I've got a 3g (IOS 3.1.3) and it crashes to springboard on start up for me also :( :( no mobile HBT for me :(

It is a common issue with first gen iPhones. There's quite a few mentions in the Mobile Site Thread where this was brought talked about.

MODS - Anyway to Merge these two threads to keep all the feedback in one place for Tx?

Latest posts

Back