Portable draft device

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neddy

Reaction score
I found a 70qt Ice Cube cooler at wally world for $32 bucks. I had an extra Co2 regulator, 3 gal corneys, and perlick faucet so I couldn't resist making a new portable beer dispensing device. Now I just need to buy an extra 5 gal Co2 tank so I don't have to take the one out of my kegerator everytime I take beer on the road.

It fits a 3 gal corney, co2, and had room to spare for extra bottles.

IMG_0334-1.jpg

IMG_0335-1.jpg

If you trim the sides, that puppy can actually fit 2 cornies and a 5# co2 cylinder.

KerrysCooler.jpg

Comes in very handy for picnics & parties!

Nice. I use my ten gallon HLT for mine. I don't use a tank and regulator though, just a CO2 injector with the paintball cartridges. Cheaper than buying a second CO2 setup, but you have to force carb your beer ahead of time.

I'd be all over that if 3 gallon Cornies didn't suck the life out of the wallet. :(

EdWort said:
If you trim the sides, that puppy can actually fit 2 cornies and a 5# co2 cylinder.

KerrysCooler.jpg

Do you have some pictures of where you had to trim to fit everything? Thanks.

Demon said:
Do you have some pictures of where you had to trim to fit everything? Thanks.
No, that unit belongs to a friend of mine. Here's mine.

Beer2Go-1.jpg

Ice will last longer than the beer will. It takes 2-3 CO2 cartridges to dispense a keg and I keep it on the inside. Out of sight, Out of mind so people do not screw with it and discharge the whole shootin match in one squirt.

Beer2Go-3.jpg

And the parts list.

Beer2Go-PartsList.jpg

I am going to break out the Dremel and cut the sides of mine so I can fit my other 3 gallon corny in it. Having 6 gallons of 1 brew or two different brews is the way to go. I pull the faucet off the front and install a stainless plug and people have no idea what is in there, if ya know what I mean....

I was wondering about your 1st pic Ed.. I was saying to my self..
Self, I wonder why Ed doesn't have Apfelwein on tap, I saw your next post and then said to my self , Self, Oh I see now..

EdWort said:

KerrysCooler.jpg

Ed,

Can you get pictures of the interior from your buddy so I can see exactly how much needed to be removed to fit 2?

Thanks!

I'd prefer not to cut the plastic liner if not needed. I'm thinking I can actually get 2 kegs in there without mods, but one of the taps would be on the side and one on the front. Not the prettiest but functional.

Would a 1 keg setup also work in a 60qt version of the same cooler? Has anyone tried it?

Thx

Neddy said:
I found a 70qt Ice Cube cooler at wally world for $32 bucks. I had an extra Co2 regulator, 3 gal corneys, and perlick faucet so I couldn't resist making a new portable beer dispensing device. Now I just need to buy an extra 5 gal Co2 tank so I don't have to take the one out of my kegerator everytime I take beer on the road.

It fits a 3 gal corney, co2, and had room to spare for extra bottles.

IMG_0334-1.jpg

IMG_0335-1.jpg
We raffle a couple, three of those off a year. The next one will be at the Big Brew with the Eagles. Not bad for just $2 a ticket!

Nice setup, but 3 gallon cornies aren't in my near future. I went ghetto for my camping trips, based upon an article I saw in BYO a few months ago.

IMG_0072.jpg

There's room for two 5 gallon kegs and if I ever get another tap, I only need a 4" PVC T to put the second tap on.

Since were getting crazy here, does anyone have a design that would float around the pool?

BrunoBrau said:
Nice setup, but 3 gallon cornies aren't in my near future. I went ghetto for my camping trips, based upon an article I saw in BYO a few months ago.

IMG_0072.jpg

There's room for two 5 gallon kegs and if I ever get another tap, I only need a 4" PVC T to put the second tap on.

What do you have bungeed corded around the trash can?

Matt Foley said:
Since were getting crazy here, does anyone have a design that would float around the pool?

Actually yes, my BIL built one to take on river trips. It is completely self floating and we take it tubing the river all the time. He simply got some 5-6" PVC and the 90° angles and built the pipe to go around the cooler. His is just a regular cooler and it will float over rapids with a couple cases of beer in it. I REALLY want to build me one before tubing season is over this summer that will hold a cornie or two, my biggest draw back as mentioned above is the price of the small cornie....

I will try to email my BIL and see if he will send me some pictures of his "S.S. Brew Toob" :D

BrunoBrau said:

IMG_0072.jpg

So you take a tv and DVD camping?

Isn't that more like moving?:D

Matt Foley said:

I am no doubt building a "drift draft" to float around in my pool this summer after I get my 2.5 gallon corny.

stevecaaster said:
I am no doubt building a "drift draft" to float around in my pool this summer after I get my 2.5 gallon corny.

or maybe Ill call it a "Draft raft"...

indianaroller said:
So would a 60QT work for 1 keg?

After nobody answered my question and neither yours, I thought I will try it. :) I went to Walmart earlier today, bought a 60qt and started working on it. I had to cut out the inside of the lid a little bit but thats it. Looks perfect :)

The 70qt has a domed lid so you can put the keg in with disconnects attached and still be able to close the lid. As the above post says, you'd have to do some "modifications" to make the smaller one work.

Latest posts

Back