For the Future Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning on getting our first house in about 6 months. A bar/brew room is part of the deal. She got me this for a birthday present for the future bar. It's pretty cool. It's some heavy metal with an enamel finish. I put the dogs in the pic so you could see it's size. This is also one of my favorite commercial beers here in Germany.

7564-kostriker.jpg

Rock on, little daschaunds! How the hell do you spell that?

Nice dog. And nice sign. I used to buy signs on Ebay, back in the day when there weren't a bazillion people jacking prices through the roof.

Too bad I had crappy tastes in beer then. Negro Modelo was as exotic as I ever got back then. Now you just have to get friendly with the distributors.

Watch out when you get that new house... this is a hobby that can take over your life and your real estate. I have four carboys and an aging keg in the living room right now. But the wife's ok with it because the beer is good.

We have a dachsund too and I hate that little stubborn freak. I read an article the other day that he Germans don't even like them anymore.

BTW, nice sign. It'll look great in the bar.

Picked up a case of Kostriker last night. Hopefully last me til Wednesday when I move out of here!! I love this beer. And, dude, our Dachshund is way cool. SHe is very chill and not hyper at all. She just likes to lay around and go for walks. The Jack Russells on the other hand, can be quite the handful.

Man I miss having rack of Werner Brau delivered on a weekly basis.....

Where abouts in Deuschland are? Are you near Bad Kostritz?

Baumholder... about an hour west of Frankfurt. Moving back to the US in a week though, been back and forth for about 3 years, coming back for good now though.

Ah, military then?

I was stationed in Schweinfurt for about 7 1/2 years (though I lived in Wuerzburg for about 3 of it). Germany was the best time I spent in the Army.

Seefresh, is your signature up to date? How are you going to get all that beer back to the states that is in your fermenters/conditioners? I know if the military ships them you will get a bunch of little pieces of glass after they are done with it. Or did you do your brewing while you were in NC those few times?

seefresh said:
Picked up a case of Kostriker last night. Hopefully last me til Wednesday when I move out of here!! I love this beer. And, dude, our Dachshund is way cool. SHe is very chill and not hyper at all. She just likes to lay around and go for walks. The Jack Russells on the other hand, can be quite the handful.

I made the Kostritzer style schwartzbier clone from BYO a while back.
Man what a great beer style. I've been sneaking a glass here and there
from the keg. Too good to just quaff it like a APA or lager. Soon as my
lager fridge is clear, I'm going to make another.

ArroganceFan said:
Seefresh, is your signature up to date? How are you going to get all that beer back to the states that is in your fermenters/conditioners? I know if the military ships them you will get a bunch of little pieces of glass after they are done with it. Or did you do your brewing while you were in NC those few times?

Nah,it's not up to date. I'm completely empty since I'm moving this week. I don't want to clear it though or I"ll lose the links to all my recipes ;). I'll update it as soon as I start brewing again. I have better bottles and plastic fermenters, so not worried about them breaking :)

Back