Oktoberfest questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I know it's a long way off but I need to start planning now for hotel and travel cost, plus I also want to hear some crazy Oktoberfest stories. There have to be some good ones out there (pix get extra points).

Also, how easy/difficult is it to travel on the last day (in this case, Oct 4) by train?

Are you talking Munich? I've been there at least a dozen times.

And yes, I have a dozen stories if not more, but I'm not into typing that much...one does included sleeping under stairs overnight and returning to the fest the next morning for breakfast, er, beer...:D

The trains to/from Munich will be packed every day.

Not sure about hotels, etc., as one time I lived 40 miles away and another time 120 miles away so I just drove home or took the train.

Look into farm houses south of the city if you are adventurous. I used to stay at a farmhouse in Kochel am See for 13 Euros a night with breakfast, but it's about 25 miles south nearer to Garmisch.

Thanks for the replies, and yes I'll be staying in Munich. I've got the hotel booked already and I'll probably go ahead and get my train reservations set asap for when I leave just so I don't get stuck there and miss the next hotel check in.

It should be loads of fun and yes, I will post pix.

I'm so stoked for RnR (Oktoberfest in Munich) right now; only 7 more days until I can drink again. I'm seriously going to go hi-five my platoon sergeant in the face.

I've never been but will be booking a room in the next week or two for me and the SWMBO for next year. It is the 200th anniversary so i think rooms will be booking a little quicker than normal. We're going Sep 17th through 21st and then on to Prague for a couple of days I think.

Back