Recipe Request - Christmas Cordials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noisy123

Reaction score
Hi,
I am heading back to school and will be broke come Christmas. We have a lot of family and would like to make up bottles of sweet cordial-type mead (cyser or something similar) to give out. Can you suggest a recipe that would be ready in time? Thanks for any help.

You are really close to being about 8 months late to have anything ready to drink by Christmas.
IDEA!
Make a liqueur cordial with Vodka, honey, and gingerbread spices. A little something to spoon into a cup of hot cocoa or coffee. I will try and find a recipe tonight and post back.

You are really close to being about 8 months late to have anything ready to drink by Christmas.
IDEA!
Make a liqueur cordial with Vodka, honey, and gingerbread spices. A little something to spoon into a cup of hot cocoa or coffee. I will try and find a recipe tonight and post back.

I kinda thought there was no way I had enough time for any kind of mead. I would really appreciate liqueur recipes though.

I would like my first mead to be the Prickley Pear Mead Papazian raves about. I have some prickley pear growing now. I can't wait.

Another suggestion for a good winter/Christmas liqueur is walnut liqueur. Take a cup of walnut halves and toast @375 in the oven until they start to turn golden-brown. Dump them immediately into a mason jar containing 1 cup of vodka and 1/2 cup brandy. Seal it up and put it somewhere cool and dark. You can scale the amounts up as needed. Give the jar a shake about once a week for two months. Then strain the whole thing through a cheesecloth and sweeten with a simple syrup made with half white and half brown sugar. Just keep adding a little and tasting until it gets right where you want it. Bottle it up and age for a couple of months before drinking. If you start it now, you could strain in early October and drink in late December. It's very good.

I have failed you. I do not have that recipe. It was literally just Vodka, 1/2 cup Honey, and about a total of 3 or 4 tbs of spices like cinnamon, Nutmeg and the like. It was pretty simple, and you could probably fake it.

Back