DC Metro Area Group Buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stonebrewer: i'm available most fridays in july and august, so if the delivery happens then (or on the weekend) i'm in for helping unload.

thanks for all your efforts!

New to this forum. I'm on the Eastern Shore of Md and am looking into the group buy idea. Where about in the DC area are these deliveries shipped to? I'm up that way a good amount. I'm about 2 hrs from the heart of DC. Thanks for any info.

New to this forum. I'm on the Eastern Shore of Md and am looking into the group buy idea. Where about in the DC area are these deliveries shipped to? I'm up that way a good amount. I'm about 2 hrs from the heart of DC. Thanks for any info.

Sorry guys, did not get a count confirmation last night. Will try again tonight.

The pickup is in Rockville near Shady Grove metro stop. Saw your blog on Japanese beetles. I sprayed my hops this year with surround after their first attack and have not seen a single one since. It's best to use it before the hop flowers start, but can be done afterwards. Beetles HATE surround as it clogs their mouth and body parts with clay and does not seem to wash off with the rains... :mug:

You can knock them off by spraying with a hose, but they will come back pretty quick. Here's where I got mine: http://www.7springsfarm.com/surround-wp-crop-protectant-25lb/ You can easily split this with others as 5 lbs will last you a few years and they sell in 25 lb bags. Most places that sell 5 lb bags are about 2/3rds of this price for 1/5th the product! We can add it to the group buy if enough people want to buy some...great for fruit trees too!

So we are at 26 sacks. I thought someone asked for 3 sacks but on further review they said they might be in for 3, so I removed them from the spreadsheet until they confirm one way or the other. I think there was at least one other person "on the fence" so if those two decide to join that would put us at 30. But as of this post we are at 26. There are three splits, one Vienna (3 way), one L Munich (3 way) and one Wheat (four way). The Vienna and Munich are 50%/25%/25% splits.

So we are at 26 sacks. I thought someone asked for 3 sacks but on further review they said they might be in for 3, so I removed them from the spreadsheet until they confirm one way or the other. I think there was at least one other person "on the fence" so if those two decide to join that would put us at 30. But as of this post we are at 26. There are three splits, one Vienna (3 way), one L Munich (3 way) and one Wheat (four way). The Vienna and Munich are 50%/25%/25% splits.

Seems like we're missing 14 sacks for completion, correct? Man, if I hadn't spent so much on my hobby lately I'd order a couple sacks myself but I still have way over half a sack of pale, Maris Otter, and Pilsner...

Brew more! :)

Seriously, it will take off and finish soon enough. Summer is a slow period for most things, brewing included. I haven't brewed in a long, long time after being a brewing fiend winter/spring...

Brew more! :)

Seriously, it will take off and finish soon enough. Summer is a slow period for most things, brewing included. I haven't brewed in a long, long time after being a brewing fiend winter/spring...

I need more space to store my beers. I guess in winter time the garage is suitable but right now it's more like an incubator than anything else :( I just hope I can get the grains in time to brew a pumpkin ale for the lady for Halloween :ban:

Hey there! Never done a group buy but am extremely interested! I live down I81 near Mt. Jackson but work for the FD in Fairfax. Please let me know what I need to do to get in on next go round.

Thanks!

fyrewtr418: PM sent. Basically all you do is review the price list (see link in the PM), pick what you want, post it here. If you want to split something, you can ask that here too and if someone takes the split, it will get ordered. Once order is placed, takes a week or more to come in. Pickup is near Shady Grove Metro.

sTony:

Just sent you an email, please put me down for one sack of the Floor Malted Bohemian Pils.

Thanks,
--Carl.

Back