White Labs #WLP001...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahNate

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
...is a beast!

Used it for my 7th (AHS ginger ale) and 8th (Jamil's amber ale) batches and both have necessitated the use of a blow off tube. The first time was unexpected, but for the second batch I was ready. Even fermenting at ambient temps of ~60F didn't slow it down, and on the third day, the amber ale (just like the ginger ale before it) decided my AHS fermentation bucket wasn't big enough to contain it.

Yep, same experience here. Tried to warm my buddy, he had a mess on his hands the next day :cross:

Have fun
Toy4Rick

It's my favorite strain. My low grav pale ale I just bottled popped the lid off the bucket. It's a monster.

I used it in a starter for a Satsuma IPA and it's taken ~36 hours for it to start up. Still bubbling around 20sec. or so.

Just used this for Jamil's Irish Red and it's the first time I needed a blowoff tube. I'm fermenting in a 6 gallon better bottle and in less than 12 hours all hell broke loose! Its a very active yeast! :mug:

I've used this (washed) 4 times last month and have been very pleased. I've always like 05 but this one is starting to be my favorite.
With a starter, I get activity in 4-6 hours and a good attenuation. I only wished I would have used this long ago.

Back