Whizz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
My downstairs neighbor, she of the loud throaty sex noises, has smuggled a cat into her apartment. I'm a little annoyed that she is doing this, seeing as how the yutz landlord has forbidden pets and we really wanted a dog when we moved in, but thats not what really bugs me.

What bugs me is the whole house, once you open the outside door and until you close the door to my apartment, smells like cat urine. I've been in houses with multiple cats that didnt smell this bad.

See this is why I am usually stunned when people call me a grumpy jerk... I put up with a LOT of random nonsense. I'm weighing the pros and cons of telling her, because when the yutz comes to pick up the rent check and yammer incoherently about the trash cans (Airborne at least knows what I am talking about) he's going to fly into a rage. Speaking of Airborne, if the landlord accuses us of being the ones who have an animal I'm going to find myself in the back of Airborne's squad car.

Arg.

Sigh. It will pass.

Urine.

Although it's frowned upon in most American Societies, Cat is actually a very tasty and tender animal.

And they are INSANELY easy to catch.

Here's what you do:

1. Dig a bit hole
2. Burn a bunch of trash in there until it's all consumed
3. place peas all around the hole
4. when the cat goes to take a pea, kick it in the ash hole.

This is a simple solution that has no need for outside intervention.

Find this cat and let is know who's boss with a string of curse words and situations that make is painfully aware of what happens to things that urinate.

"The last cat that..." is a great starting point.

This is a simple solution that has no need for outside intervention.

Find this cat and let is know who's boss with a string of curse words and situations that make is painfully aware of what happens to things that urinate.

"The last cat that..." is a great starting point.

Agreed. I have found cats to usually be morte intelligent and open minded than their owners.

Homercidal said:
Although it's frowned upon in most American Societies, Cat is actually a very tasty and tender animal.

And they are INSANELY easy to catch.

Here's what you do:

1. Dig a bit hole
2. Burn a bunch of trash in there until it's all consumed
3. place peas all around the hole
4. when the cat goes to take a pea, kick it in the ash hole.

Burning trash and kicking cats...can this advice be any more spot on?

cheezydemon3 said:
Agreed. I have found cats to usually be morte intelligent and open minded than their owners.

Morte? Freudian slip?

Given the severity of the smell and the inhabitants, I'd say you have to nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

[ame]http://youtu.be/aCbfMkh940Q[/ame]

Maybe she's cheesing
cheesing-7.jpg

I had the same problem when the nextdoor neighbor started a daycare center in our residential neighborhood. Sounded like a playground out there as she just let the kids out in the yard all day screaming and yelling. I guess 8 kids was not determined a business in our town but she wanted to expand to more kids and declare her house as a business. She petitioned our neighborhood to change it from residential to business zoned. Solved the problem by putting up a sign that read "Pitbull Breeding Kennel" on the front lawn. Was going to sue here for tormenting our dogs with all those fat kids running around next to our adjacent yard.

NOTE: half this story is true

Thanks, I just laughed so hard I farted...
I had the same problem when the nextdoor neighbor started a daycare center in our residential neighborhood. Sounded like a playground out there as she just let the kids out in the yard all day screaming and yelling. I guess 8 kids was not determined a business in our town but she wanted to expand to more kids and declare her house as a business. She petitioned our neighborhood to change it from residential to business zoned. Solved the problem by putting up a sign that read "Pitbull Breeding Kennel" on the front lawn. Was going to sue here for tormenting our dogs with all those fat kids running around next to our adjacent yard.

NOTE: half this story is true

Sounds like a CATastrophe about to happen!

Maybe you should get a CATapult and solve the problem.

I'm an absolute mush so for the past couple years I have been letting her use our wireless connection (she gave us $60 and we havent discussed it since). I don't mind the sex noises (cuz what can ya do?) nor the ultra volume karaoke that takes place on Saturday mornings (I now have Living on Prayer stuck in my head) but geez, burn some insence or something at least. This girl also has a tendency to disappear for long periods of time and then we'll get a knock on our door from her coworkers or her family wondering if shes been murdered. I have always had a hard time getting my act together and being an adult but I think 26 is a bit too old for this silliness.

Oh, and she left my grill open during a rain storm. I felt all the Sicilian blood hit my brain at the same time, and I had to wait a good hour before I could mention it to her.

Update: Did you know that as cat urine dissipates, it smells less like ammonia and more like homeless person?

I can assure you, it is so.

She moved out! And she left 20 bags of garbage and a hedgehog cage on our front stoop!

I dont want to think about what happened to the hedgehog... I'm sure it wasnt good...

Yeah, Creamy didn't mention that he runs out to the street every morning at 5:45 am, screams profanities as he shaves his butt and his scrotum for 1 hour, and then runs back inside.

At 6 pm, he sings Kumbaya at the top of his lungs out the back door and then runs to the front yard and pretends to be passed out naked in the front yard until help arrives, at which point he laughs maniacaly and runs inside to watch Kindergarden Cop at full volume with the door barred.

Yeah, Creamy didn't mention that he runs out to the street every morning at 5:45 am, screams profanities as he shaves his butt and his scrotum for 1 hour, and then runs back inside.

At 6 pm, he sings Kumbaya at the top of his lungs out the back door and then runs to the front yard and pretends to be passed out naked in the front yard until help arrives, at which point he laughs maniacaly and runs inside to watch Kindergarden Cop at full volume with the door barred.

It wasn't mentioned because it's an understood.

I stopped reading at "loud throaty sex noises". Now, what were you saying?

On my way out the door, instead of cat whizz, the apartment smells of fresh paint and brewing coffee.

I think I prefer this neighbor.

Back