Hop spider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodesbrew

Reaction score
I've been cruising the threads looking for some specs of a parts list for a hop spider with no luck... Anybody able to help me out with that? Thanks in advance, cheers!

Look waaaaay down near the bottom of this page...

Cheers!

(Must've been a very short cruise. I bet the lines were still tied to the dock ;) )

Another option...

Materials:

(1) 2" PVC reducer
(4) 5/16" X 6" bolts
(8) 5/16" nuts
(8) 5/16" washers
(1) Screw band clamp
(1) One gallon nylon paint strainer bags

Enjoy and cheers!

IMAG0950 copy.jpg

IMAG0951 copy.jpg

IMAG0953.jpg

I built mine with some 8" long lag bolts. Just screwed them right into a $1 4" PVC collar, no nuts or washers needed. The whole thing cost me about $6.

Here's mine. This is a ring from a sink disposal I got at Lowes. I got the SS bolts and nuts at Fastenal. Total for all SS, about $15.

IMG_0578.jpg

I origionally made one with pvc, but after bout 6 brews the heat warped it badly and it fell into the keggle. I then went to local godwill, found a stainless flip top container, and cut bottom off, and used that. Now I'm thinking bout to replace the zinc lag bolts with stainless bolts if I can find them

Latest posts

Back