Label at home?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigloubrew

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I want to do my own label for my new gingerbread beer for Christmas.

Anyone knows a program to do the logo and a way to print and stick it on my bottles?

Thanks in advance,
Louis.

Quick tips:

1) Design your labels with any software you choose.
2) Have them printed on good paper using a color laser printer (Kinkos, your work, etc...)
3) Cut labels out and wet the back of the label with MILK..and place on bottles....let sit and dry....stays on as long as you want to and comes off with water....Avery labels are a pain in the ass to get off.

Quick tips:

2) Have them printed on good paper using a color laser printer (Kinkos, your work, etc...)
3) Cut labels out and wet the back of the label with MILK..and place on bottles....let sit and dry....stays on as long as you want to and comes off with water....Avery labels are a pain in the ass to get off.

This is almost perfect in my opinion... except one small detail - Personally, I'd say go with regular ole paper. Nothing to heavy weight or pricey. The regular paper prints perfectly fine and actually looks almost more like what you expect a beer label to look like. Laser printing is good because it won't bleed.

I use photoshop, save as PDF - I put a tutorial in the labels forum on how to use picture package to automate 4 labels per page from one JPG - then I bring the PDF to staples on a thumb drive and have them printed color laser, reg paper - $.050 per page, usually 8-12 pages, $6 or less and I'm done. My tutorial shows how to butt all edges together in the center of the page so if you get a slide paper cutter, it's just 6 swipes - the four borders and then the middle "cross" section of the labels. As Jkaylor says, stick with milk and the regular paper comes off even easier when you rinse! After you pour a bottle run under warm water, rinse, peel, tree.

BTW - the Labels subforum has TONS of info including a million examples to look at.

The finished product looks like this, saved in PDF and is ready to print!

LittleHop.jpg

Quick tips:

This is what I do but I use regular old copy paper and black and white ink and skim milk to attach.

www.labeley.com is pretty good.

HoneybeeLabelFinal2012.jpg

On labelizer, is it safe to pay,it is not a fraud? And when you subscribe is there more then the 12 models on the front page of the site or there is much more?

Thanks again!

Back