regulator - what do i have here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straycat

Reaction score
this came attached to a craigslist purchase. is it worth anything or time to recycle? that outside port has what looks and feels like torn metal.

any feedback is appreciated.

70180909.jpg

50753447.jpg

19089843.jpg

23544874.jpg

IF you can get the remains from the high pressure gauge out of the body, you could rebuild it (add a replacement gauge to it, test it, maybe get a rebuild kit too) and then use it. If you can't get the rest of the gauge out of the body, see if there's any shops in your area that will recondition/repair it at a decent rate. Just keep in mind how much a new regulator would cost (to your door) and don't get too close to that total price.

Was the CO2 tank included with the regulator, or is that one you already had?

thanks for the quick reply. i bought the 5 lb tank for $10 (nice price) after another local home brewer tipped me off to extra equipment that he didn't pick up. the regulator was attached. i'll look into getting the remaining gauge out but i'm guessing the cost for a new one will be a better bet than the money spent on reconditioning this one. thanks again for the input.

Looks like an aluminum tank. For $10, that's really good provided it has a good hydro stamp on it (under 5 years old). Otherwise, figure another $20-$30 to get it recertified so you can get it filled. Still less than you usually find good used ones for, or new ones.

Check with the better vendors, as well as your local HBS, for good rates on a new/replacement regulator. As I mentioned, if you can get the remains out, it could be worth it to rebuild it. If you don't have the tools to tackle that, then probably better off selling it to someone that can and get a [tested] good one.

Thats not a high pressure guage that is missing.
, it is the broken valve on the supply side to the keg. Its an old taprite regulator, use an easy out to get the old valve out, replace and start keggin.

Forget what i said, mine is the same model and the gas out port is on the bottom. There is a threaded plug on mine where yours is broken. Maybe put a plug there?

Back