Hackjob Tiered System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pirate252

Reaction score
Put this together after getting frustrated with slowly sparging using a pitcher of hot water and an upside down plate :)

1vpee.jpg

Worked great, have 3 bricks and a hotplate on top of the fridge and a sparge arm I got from Midwest Brew Supplies that worked great, put in an inline valve for adjustments :)

Nothing at all to be ashamed of with that setup. There's a lot to be said for a minimalist system. Many of us started with similar systems. I did.

Zero carbon footprint. Al Gore would love you. Since the nobel prize seems to be so easy to win lately. I vote that you win one too, utilizing what you had on hand.

My MLT sits in my gas grill because its the right height to drain into my Keggle on the fryer burner, after the boil and chiller I move the keggle to the picnic table to drain into my carboy. I see no problems with your setup at all! Homegrown-homebrew creativity at its best!!!

It did :) except my efficiencies went from the high 70's to the high 60's this last time.... I missed my temps a bit (to low) and tried a new source for grains... will be going back to my old source haha.

Latest posts

Back