Official 2008 GABF Denver Oct 9-11 thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tickets go on sale July 1, but if you are an AHA member, you can get tickets starting sometime today. Last year it was sold out.

Dates this year are Thursday Oct 9 - Saturday Oct 11.

Great American Beer Festival

I'm penciling myself in for the 1st Saturday session.

Anyone else?

Edit 9/17
Everyone that is attending, PM me the following info:
Handle
Real Name
Session
Cell
Can you get text messsages on your phone?

Confirmed Attendees
olllllo & SWMBO
Ooompa Loompa
dblvsn
brauhausjoe
MNBugeater
summersolstice & SWMBO
BigKahuna & SWMBO
RichBrewer
MWHC22 & SWMBO
jds
mrbowenz
Bokonon
nickhead
Pirate Ale
MTpilot
poppy360
ColoradoXJ13

Depends on where we're at with the brewery but, as of now, I'm definitely planning on going. This will make my 14th consecutive year.

Who knows, maybe will have a booth. :D

I plan on volunteering, just so i can get a behind-the-scenes look. I smell a big HBT gathering coming...

I'm committed. I booked my hotel room a month ago and this'll be my first GABF. It's only a five hour drive from here and I'm in Denver 3-4 times a year anyway.

Ticket sales are open!!:mug:

Just placed the order for my tickets. Going on Thursday night and Saturday afternoon.

I am definitely planning on going. I expect to get my AHA membership info within the next couple of weeks so I will wait until then to buy my tix.

If they ever decide to have it somewhere besdes 25 states away I may come. Denver in October is too cold for this south Florida boy. My heaviest coat is a flannel shirt(like what Norm Abrams wears)

love to go, but I'll stick with the Dixie Cup in Houston and put the cash saved into the brewhaus. That plus NHC Zinzinnati next week is enough for me this year.

So I just bought tickets...:ban: We should get a list of HBT members going so we can have some Beers and celebrate at the fest. I know there was just a handful of us last year, so lets get a little more organized.
Cheers, Gabe :mug:

So I just bought tickets...:ban: We should get a list of HBT members going so we can have some Beers and celebrate at the fest. I know there was just a handful of us last year, so lets get a little more organized.
Cheers, Gabe :mug:

I've already bought my tickets and booked my room and I'll be there.

If you're staying in a hotel downtown and find a great deal post it! Through hotels.com I found a rate of $95/night for Friday and Saturday night at the Sheraton next to the convention center. Thursday night is $140. :mug:

I've got my ticket for the members session on Saturday afternoon. I'd love to get together with a bunch of HBT folks any time that week!

EDIT
If you're staying in a hotel downtown and find a great deal post it! Through hotels.com I found a rate of $95/night for Friday and Saturday night at the Sheraton next to the convention center. Thursday night is $140. :mug:
I went ahead and reserved a room Saturday night at the Sheraton.

So I thought the the Falling Rock would be a good meeting spot. We should pick a day when most of us will be in town so we can meet up.

OK!...PARTY IS ON BABY!

Rich...OlllO...dblvsn...

BIG KAHUNA IS GOING TO BE THERE! SATURDAY!

Since SWMBO won't allow me to wear my skirt to the city....how do we recognize everyone?

We'll all be in skirts wearing t-shirts that say "Real men wear skirts" :D

Last year we just put together a cell phone list and called people at the show. Seemed to work pretty well.

I'll be there, one way or another.
In fact, I just submitted my volunteer registration for pre-event poster distribution and set-up all day on Wednesday, so I'll have a pass. Looks like I'll be using it Saturday afternoon.

OK!...PARTY IS ON BABY!

Rich...OlllO...dblvsn...

BIG KAHUNA IS GOING TO BE THERE! SATURDAY!

Since SWMBO won't allow me to wear my skirt to the city....how do we recognize everyone?

Well, you all should be able to recognize my keg...:D

Seriously, we can post when and where we will meet (The falling rock would be awesome!) and even if you don't have a ticket you can come meet everyone.

Sat would be hard because of the early beer fest sess. So... Thursday before the opening ceremony or Friday might be our best bet. I think I'm going to get a plain white T and put HBT on the front and back. Just an idea.
Cheers, Gabe

So I thought the the Falling Rock would be a good meeting spot. We should pick a day when most of us will be in town so we can meet up.

Falling Rock is a great place and it has my vote as well. The missus and I spent a goodly amount of time there last time we were in Denver. Here she is enjoying a glass of Redstone sparkling apricot mead on tap at Falling Rock. How many places have mead on tap? :mug:

IMG_0300.jpg

If things go as they did last year, I will be up for a late night (>10PM) meet up at Falling Rock. Last year I flew in, checked into the hotel, grabbed a streeet taco and met up with Brewtopia. Falling Rock is going to be stupid busy that week.

Falling Rock has free wifi. I don't think that the Conference Center did. In any case I will be using Twitter to post my location and tasting notes, etc.

Add me to the list that will be there for the Saturday afternoon members section. Ill be arriving in Denver Thursday night. I may end up going other sessions, but more than likely Ill be visiting some local watering holes around Denver other nights. Im up for meeting anywhere. If someone is organizing a list, let me know, count me in, etc.

Fallin Rock is good, Wynkoop is good, Breckinridge is good...it will be a fun weekend.

Warren

I am in too. Got my tickets hotel and flights. Was there a decision on were we can all meet?

We are also thinking about taking the Readstone meadery tour and there is a bar crawl on Friday I think. We are getting there Thursday and leaving Sunday.

im planning on at least being there for saturday and sunday since i may not be able to get off work. i found a plane ticket deal that gets me a round trip and 3 nights at the econo lodge that is supposedly a mile from "downtown" for $271 per person from SLC. never been to denver. is 1 mile or so pretty easy to navigate without a rental car? im planning on not being able to make it home under any other power than walking or public transport. will this work?

any other tips or ideas for me to work with?

You guys are killing me with all this GABF talk. For the first time in 14 years, I won't be going. :(

Next year though, come by the Naked City booth!!!:mug:

Back