College Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamurebel12

Reaction score
Just finished making this for our house at at school. 4 taps that we are running a half barrel and three corny kegs. For good measure we put a speaker system on it with a wireless bluetooth receiver. Keezer works like a champ!

2.2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

final pics.... this was for the most part our first time woodworking (unlike some master carpenters I have soon on HBT) so its by no means perfect. Got the basic ideas from various projects that we saw here on HBT, so if you made a keezer and we borrowed some ideas from you, then Thanks. If you have any comments/complaints or suggestions please let me know. I'm sure ill end up building another and of course I want it to be better.

Thanks and Gig 'Em
Richard

21.jpg

34.jpg

37.jpg

Great work, guys! You're making me need to get off my bum and build one!
A few questions, though:
  • What model freezer did you use?
  • What thermostat did you use?
  • How many hours did the project take?
  • How much did it cost?
And, any other tidbits you might wanna share!

Cheers!
-Rev

That is awesome! not at all what I was expecting when I clicked on 'college keezer'

good work. I like the integrated speakers.

Agreed, much nicer looking than I was expecting when I clicked. Really cool idea to use the wireless speakers as well.

Me too. I was totally expecting a train wreck......not this frickin' masterpiece. Nice work fellas! If I would have had my keezer when I was in college, I probably would be on the liver transplant list right now. :eek: Congrats and enjoy!

WHOOP!!!

Sweet build. I'm trying to find the time to finish mine. I like the speakers.

Coy
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 1994!!!!

Great going!! I see the Aggie rings!! That is a neat idea.

Gig 'em

Mom of a Class of 2011 Fighting Texas Aggie

A few questions, though:
  • How much did it cost?

Cheers!
-Rev
[*]we used a frigidaire 13 cubic foot chest freezer

[*]we got the thermostat off ebay. kinda like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC220V-220V...952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2322ee1e00

[*]it took us about 40 hours to build, mainly because it was all new to us, but if i were to to it again it would prob take 10-15 hours
[*]total cost was around $1400
[*]a large portion of the stuff we got off amazon, like the ball locks, led lights, belkin reciever.
[*]we made the tray to just come right out and we just throw it in the dishwasher to clean. we had thought about making it drain into a container inside the keezer, but a tray w/o drain hole was a lot cheaper, but it turned out all right since we just dishwasher it.
-[*]the LED lights have 16 color options. Makes it just that more fun to show off :)
[*]we installed 2 computer fans in the back of the tower. one pulls in cold air from the main compartment, and the other pushes the air back into the freezer.

A few questions, though:
  • How much did it cost?

Cheers!
-Rev

--we used a frigidaire 13 cubic foot chest freezer

--we got the thermostat off ebay. kinda like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC220V-220V...952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2322ee1e00

--it took us about 40 hours to build, mainly because it was all new to us, but if i were to to it again it would prob take 10-15 hours-
-- total cost was around $1400
--a large portion of the stuff we got off amazon, like the ball locks, led lights, belkin reciever.
--we made the tray to just come right out and we just throw it in the dishwasher to clean. we had thought about making it drain into a container inside the keezer, but a tray w/o drain hole was a lot cheaper, but it turned out all right since we just dishwasher it.
--the LED lights have 16 color options. Makes it just that more fun to show off :)
--we installed 2 computer fans in the back of the tower. one pulls in cold air from the main compartment, and the other pushes the air back into the freezer.

Awesome, but I notice no ladies... Fix that and you're set.

Whoop!

Very nice, is the ac vent on the side to try to exchange the heat from the sides of the chest freezer?

Class of '06

-G

Nice work. Do you guys have letters on that house or is it just you guys? Way to do Aggieland proud.

Gig 'Em
Class of 2008

Nice build! Buuuuut... why all the tucked in shirts if you're in college?! ;)

Wow! Looks incredible, love the idea of the bluetooth speakers and color changing lights. I need to build one for my house now.:mug:

Back