Opinions on Duvel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I maintain that it is the best, most accessible beer in the world. They export to 40 countries. When I was in Amsterdam, after trudging through the beer wastelands of Spain and Italy, I thought it was a another local bud clone at first, because every bar in Amsterdam has Duvel signs, umbrellas, etc. But it is actually a world-class beer. And somehow it's still family-owned. Simply amazing.

A great way to break into the belgians. It's got a lot of the typical belgian flavor from the yeast, but is rather dry. One of my personal favs.

The only problem with Duvel is the way it sneaks up on you, (Belgian for Devil) if that's really a problem. Great beer!

Love Duvel and it hates me. Mostly because 1, 2, 3, is never enough. It's a great beer to enjoy with discerning friends and beautiful strangers.

To the OP, I think that if you love a beer, then it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks, you love it and that's all that matters.

That being said, I think the majority is in your favor here. I loves me some Duvel, too. And now I think it's time I put a clone on my "to brew" list.

Fan-bloody-tastic. One of mine and SWMBO's favorites. A bit pricey, but totally worth it. One of those 750 ml bottles is perfect for us to split and, when they do the 4-pack with the Duvel tulip included, I can't resist.

I had high expectations, havent had it in some time but i would say i liked bornem, and Bruggel and maybe a few of the others more than this one-have to try it again soon.

This one of the first truly good beers I had. Still one of my favorites. Sure it costs a good deal to buy, but certainly worth it every now and then.

This thread needed a picture:tank:

Img_1098.jpg

Duvel is a good beer, but there are others I prefer, Gulden Draak being one of my favorites. And for the same price

I'm drinking a Duvel right now... unfortunately, it is skunked. That's what I get from buying beer from Lee's Discount Liquor.

Oh well... it is still pretty good even with the skunk a$$.

Brick Store? Decatur? Georgia Boy?

Wild Wing Cafe in Marietta, GA also has green on tap. Have three or four then drunken stumble the 150 yards to Brewmasters Warehouse. Stop at the aged meatHaus that they just put in as well in that strip to pick up some dry aged tenderloin. Its quite the way to kick of a Saturday!

Oh, and I recently had Duvel Single on tap. It's very similar, but only about 6.5% ABV.

Latest posts

Back