Beer in regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeanGreen

Reaction score
I have been keggin for awhile.

I have a dual regulator with one line dedicated to force carbing and the other regulator line on a T serving 3 kegs.

I was carbing a brown ale and I overfilled my keg and got beer back up into the line and the regulator. I've read a bunch of threads regarding whether its shot or to clean it etc.

I have check valves on both lines however I am stumped regarding the check valve during a force carb

I cant shut the check valve or it wouldn't have carbed right?

When would I shut the check valve at all. Don't I need to keep co2 on the beer?

Thanks in advance

correct. you should be able to keep pressure on them and not worry about it. you'll need to clean the lines, but it's ok to do it at any time. just shut off the co2, and not worry about the kegs losing pressure, and clean them

correct. you should be able to keep pressure on them and not worry about it. you'll need to clean the lines, but it's ok to do it at any time. just shut off the co2, and not worry about the kegs losing pressure, and clean them

Thanks for the prompt response. Just to clarify

If I am force carbing, i ramp the co2 up to my desired psi say 30 and shut the valve?

I was under the impression i needed to keep it open to as the beer absorbed the co2?

I mean should i have the check valve engaged on my serving kegs?

Apologize is this is coming off stupid.

I don't see how liquid would ruin a regulator. I have completely disasembled one and washed all the parts in water before putting it back together. It might mess up a gauge, but I'm sure the regulator can be salvaged.

Back