Spacers(?) under poppets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therealrsr

Reaction score
I picked up 3 used corny's this weekend and one had plastic, spacers (I am guessing) in th eposts under the popits. I am new to kegging and every diagram of a torn apart corny I can find lacks these. Any help in identifying, replacing as they are soda stained, or make seller replace is appreciated.

All of my kegs except one uses those plastic poppets. Don't get them mixed up between kegs. Make sure when you clean/take apart your kegs, you know which parts go to which kegs.

Just to be sure I am clear, they are not the poppets. They sit in between the poppet and the top of the dip tubes on both sides. I seems a logical fix for short or worn poppets, but I want them out of the flow given their condition and not seeing any type of replacement on NB or Midwest.

It would help a lot if you would identify your keg. The Make & Model number should be etched into the side of the keg.

Help us help you.!

Just to be sure I am clear, they are not the poppets. They sit in between the poppet and the top of the dip tubes on both sides. I seems a logical fix for short or worn poppets, but I want them out of the flow given their condition and not seeing any type of replacement on NB or Midwest.

Right, sorry. I mean spacers, not poppets. Do they look like this http://hbd.org/uchima/kegging/spacer.jpg? Mine look like the ones on the left.

You nailed it halfpint, so can I replace with longer poppets or do I have to find these somewhere. If so, where???????

PJ, thanks for the help man, I searched and see no indication of the maker on the corney, including the bottom. Seriously appreciate the effort, but Halfpint seems well on track so if that pic helps identify please comment.

You nailed it halfpint, so can I replace with longer poppets or do I have to find these somewhere. If so, where???????

PJ, thanks for the help man, I searched and see no indication of the maker on the corney, including the bottom. Seriously appreciate the effort, but Halfpint seems well on track so if that pic helps identify please comment.

I wouldn't worry about replacing the poppets. Just use the plastic pieces, that's what I do.

Ok. Try this plan. A lot of the Local Home Brew Shops use Foxx Equipment Company as one of their suppliers. You might chech with your LHBS to see if they do as they will not sell retail.

The keg appears to be a Firestone Challenger ball lock keg. Here is a catalog page from Foxx that illustrates the part (# 15E04-190) that you are looking for:

Click on the image to see a larger more readable version.

I hope this helps you.

I owe you a beer.
Not at all. Once I figured out what you were dealing with, I zero'd in on it.
Tell you what. Pour a beer tonight, hoist it and enjoy it in celebration.
I'm please that I could offer something. Please let us know how it all turns out.

PS: Another thought. You might want to order a few of the parts as backup for later. You never know...

Back