Gary Gygax fails saving throw.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dungeons and Dragons, and by extension Gary Gygax, opened my mind to a lot of things that I would never have known about otherwise, that my family would not have been interested in. In that way he shaped my life more than almost anyone else I can think of who I didn't actually know.

Moonpile said:
Dungeons and Dragons, and by extension Gary Gygax, opened my mind to a lot of things that I would never have known about otherwise, that my family would not have been interested in. In that way he shaped my life more than almost anyone else I can think of who I didn't actually know.

+1 on this...You said it fantastically.

If it wasn't for escaping into the worlds created by his words, I don't think I would have survived some of the things that happenned to me during my teen years.

I was saddened to hear this too. I had an old white box D&D rules set, but I didn't play until the early 90's.
made a lot of good friends playing all sorts of rpg, ccg and strategy games.

Yeah, I played my first D&D in 1977. My brother (who DMed my first game) still runs an active group, so I joined them last night to toast Gary Gygax at a local pub. We picked up a few rolls of dollar coins en route, so we could pay our tab entirely in gold pieces.

Thanks, Gary. :mug:

Hah ha

Random Harlot Encounter

random_harlot_table.jpg

I didn't get into D&D until a college group back in 2000, when 3e was new. Never had much interest before that, not that I would have had much luck finding a group anyway back in redneckville in high school. Still playing 8 years later, with several of the same people, using 3.5e rules in Forgotten Realms. Been co-DMing the same campaign with SWMBO for three years now with two players, and I play as a player in another five player campaign every other week.

Not looking forward to 4e though. Too much WoW influence.

Back