• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kentucky Louisville KY area: Free to a good home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumber_bob

Reaction score
I have over 7.5 cases of 12oz beer bottles that are reusable. They have been rinsed as soon as they were emptied. Most twice rinsed. They still have labels and/or foil. Many extra sleeves included.

I'm a kegger kinda guy, so I don't need them, but treated them like I would, some day. They keep multiplying, and I need to cull the herd.

So they are free to a good home,... but I won't deliver unless you can trade some homebrews for my effort. I figure a 6pack per 5 miles. ( I know, I drive a hard bargain, but I want to make sure these bottles end up in wanting hands.) :D

In live in Lebanon Jct., so you take it from there.

pb

I also live in the area. I would take them but I'm up to my ears in12oz bottles lol. I just need bombers. You know any other brewers in our area? Trying to maybe start a home brew club

I also live in the area. I would take them but I'm up to my ears in12oz bottles lol. I just need bombers. You know any other brewers in our area? Trying to maybe start a home brew club

I know there are others on this forum from this area, but I'm not in contact with them as of yet.

I wouldn't rule out being part of a brew club, but with my work schedule it could prove tuff to participate. I work 3rd shift and my nights to work changes constantly.

I do know the brewer for the new Falls City Brewery, that's starting up in the Highlands, soon. I can let you in on bulk grain buys when they come up, I think. Let me know if you want to.

Thanks for your response
pb

plumber_bob said:
I know there are others on this forum from this area, but I'm not in contact with them as of yet.

I wouldn't rule out being part of a brew club, but with my work schedule it could prove tuff to participate. I work 3rd shift and my nights to work changes constantly.

I do know the brewer for the new Falls City Brewery, that's starting up in the Highlands, soon. I can let you in on bulk grain buys when they come up, I think. Let me know if you want to.

Thanks for your response
pb

I work third shift as well so it may work out good. Never know. I would def be in on bulk buys of grain. I buy in bulk(50lb bags) already. Def stay in touch man. Are u on fb by any chance?

Hey guys. I'm in Crestwood and would love to meet some other homebrewers. I haven't looked into the two existing clubs, but interested in joining one.

Oh...count me in too for a bulk buy of grain too. Sorry don't need the bottles!

Hey All,

I belong to both clubs & MOKH has a bulk buy every year. We'd love to have everyone attend a meeting.

For the LAGERS It's the 3rd Monday of each month, starts around 7:30 for the education portion down at BBC at Clay & Main. Could work out to meet everyone and then leave for work.

The FOSSILS met tonight (2nd Saturday of each month) but over at Rich o's in New Albany.

Cheers,
Dan F.

Dang... I live just south of Richmond, so Louisville is a bit out of the way. I do some work up near there and New Albany from time to time, so maybe I can work something out.

Hey Box, you know there is the BOCKS in Lex. ( Brewers Of Central Kentucky Society). Not sure what say they meet, but some nice guys and good brewers!

I have over 7.5 cases of 12oz beer bottles that are reusable. They have been rinsed as soon as they were emptied. Most twice rinsed. They still have labels and/or foil. Many extra sleeves included.

I'm a kegger kinda guy, so I don't need them, but treated them like I would, some day. They keep multiplying, and I need to cull the herd.

So they are free to a good home,... but I won't deliver unless you can trade some homebrews for my effort. I figure a 6pack per 5 miles. ( I know, I drive a hard bargain, but I want to make sure these bottles end up in wanting hands.) :D

In live in Lebanon Jct., so you take it from there.

pb

might b interested in the bottles. not into kegging yet. also would be interested in a group grain buy. im in the fern creek area of louisville and checking with a buddy about the bottles.

Been lurking for a while, Registered to post here. I'm just a couple hours south of louisville, but me and another brewing buddy here would be interested in getting in on some group grain buys.

Contact My OLD Kentucky Homebrew
361 Baxter Ave, Louisville
(502) 589-3434
to see about getting on the list. Tell them Dan F. sent you ;?)

kydan47 said:
Contact My OLD Kentucky Homebrew
361 Baxter Ave, Louisville
(502) 589-3434
to see about getting on the list. Tell them Dan F. sent you ;?)

So is Paul taking the names for the group buy? When is he hoping to do this?

No, not sure when Paul's next grain bulk buy is, but he will/would need to be the one to contact whenever it does take place.

Also, Paul is/was starting a program where you keep your grain at his place (at least on paper) - and pick up as needed against your balance. Not sure of either details.

Looks like BBC TAproom might host a brew-in around mid- May. Might be able to get grain then.

Cheers,
KY Dan

kydan47 said:
No, not sure when Paul's next grain bulk buy is, but he will/would need to be the one to contact whenever it does take place.

Also, Paul is/was starting a program where you keep your grain at his place (at least on paper) - and pick up as needed against your balance. Not sure of either details.

Looks like BBC TAproom might host a brew-in around mid- May. Might be able to get grain then.

Cheers,
KY Dan

Yea he does do the keep track on bulk grain. I have my own crusher so it saves me has money. Any of you'll members of lagers?

Back