Could I keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
Please don't flame me, I'm thinking out loud. The Mrs. and her friends have a concoction that they affectionately refer to as Pink Poontang. It is a beverage comprised of frozen pink lemonade concentrate, frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, H2O, a couple of Coors Light's and Vodka. It sound odd I know, but take it from a beer and scotch guy, on a hot day at the lake or at the river, watch out. My question is could i keg it, what are your thoughts?

Yeah, you can do that. My thought is you are going to need a pretty wide windshield on your boat to hang all those bras from, sounds like "chick beer" to me.

Pics or GTFO.

You'll need a screen on the fluid tube, otherwise the pulp will clog it.

Sounds like a cross between "Rum Doozy" and "Skip and Go Naked".

SaGN

1 can beer
1 shot gin
1 shot sweet 'n' sour mix (or lemon juice)
1 tsp Grenadine

"Pink Poontang"

So, does it live up to it's name?

You can keg just about anything. I have thought about pre-mixing bourbon and coke in a 3 gallon keg for parties.

I wonder if pre-mixed Long Island Iced Tea would keg well?

I'm more interested in the recipe...please enlighten me as to how much of each.

I would think that you could filter the crud out before it goes into the keg.

Yes, if you are sanitary, you can keg anything. Not sure how to efficiently get all that coors light in there though.

You might think about using 2-litre bottles and a carbonation cap.

Hey, thanks for the replies. I don't have any way to filter it first so I guess I will try to put a screen on the out tube. Anyone done this before? I guess I need to find some type of stainless screen and attach it to the bottom some how.

Yeah, a batch of The Pink Poontang is always accompanied by fun and entertainment :)

Per Princess Poontang, the recipe:

8 cans of Coors Light
2 cans of frozen raspberry lemonade
2 cans of frozen pink lemonade
4 cans of water
4 cans of good vodka
ENJOY :tank:

Pouring the concentrate through a funnel with a screen would work. You might need to mix it up with water first though. Or maybe cheesecloth....

Not far off from this:

White Trash Margarita (5 gallons)

(1 “can” of frozen concentrate is 12 oz)

180 oz. Frozen Lime Concentrate (15 cans of concentrate)

180 oz. Cheap Tequila (5.3 liters)

180 oz. Beer (BMC) (15 beers)

90 oz. Cheap white wine (2.6 liters)

Chill it, force carb it, and have the folks pull it on glasses filled with ice.

It's actually pretty good! A keg of Margarita's now that's unique, fast & inexpensive.

Not far off from this:

White Trash Margarita (5 gallons)

(1 “can” of frozen concentrate is 12 oz)

180 oz. Frozen Lime Concentrate (15 cans of concentrate)

180 oz. Cheap Tequila (5.3 liters)

180 oz. Beer (BMC) (15 beers)

90 oz. Cheap white wine (2.6 liters)

Chill it, force carb it, and have the folks pull it on glasses filled with ice.

It's actually pretty good! A keg of Margarita's now that's unique, fast & inexpensive.

Tequila, wine, and beer, mixed? 5 gallons of it?

Do you just put down tarps, or have everyone hurl outside?

:drunk:

we used to make something like that in college. it was a handle of any liquor, 2 cases of cheap beer, and two tubs of ready mix koolaid. and top it with ice and water.

i kegged a couple batches of that for a party...lights out

We did the whole "hunch-punch" thing in college too. I was my fraternities social director for a year. We used a large plastic trash can on wheels and a boat oar to mix it all together. Of course there was always something tapped.......something cheap usually. We were poor starving college guys after all.

I am going to have to try a small batch of the P.P. Thanks for sharing.

we used to make something like that in college. it was a handle of any liquor, 2 cases of cheap beer, and two tubs of ready mix koolaid. and top it with ice and water.

i kegged a couple batches of that for a party...lights out

We did something very similar but the liquor was always vodka, the mix was lemonade mix, and we also added 4L of generic mountain dew. The caffeine was the secret ingredient that really got people having a ridiculously silly time.

we would also mix a drink instead of redbull and vodka we would go half and half with mt dew's AMP and captain morgan. we called it the crack and smack.

Alright, I have a batch of The Poontang in a 3 gal keg on ice and a BBQ to go to in a couple hours, the fun begins :mug:

I went with the cheese cloth to remove the pulp and it seemed to work well. Thanks for all of the help.

Wow! I thought I was alone in the universe. My friends and I used to make a party drink we called "Pootang Yum", which was just a large pitcher of Mt Dew on ice, a lot of vodka, and powdered tang. It was a surprising hit. I should whip up a batch and see just how horrid it really is now that I'm much older.

If you wanted to really up the ante, we found that the addition of pineapple juice really masks the alcohol taste of any beverage.

Well that was a hit:drunk: Thanks for all of the help. I got the recipe wrong it's 8 coors lights not six. Just finished putting another batch and a half into the 3 gallon keg, it fit perfect. Going camping for the week dontcha know :ban: I hope none of our neighbors get offended easily.

Back