Can you bottle if the bottles have a few drips of water in them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are brand new (my first batch) but I had rinsed them out with water a few hours ago and wanted to bottle them tonight.

You're better off rinsing and skipping the sanitizer if that's all you've got. You really should use a food-grade no-rinse sanitizer like StarSan or B-T-F Iodophor to sanitize. The stuff you have sounds like a surface disinfectant.

*edit*

Sorry. Slow typer.

I have pink chlorinated cleaner , would that be the same thing?

Read the package I think the cleaner you have is a chlorine sanitizer as well. Just rinse very well before filling them. I got the same pink stuff with my starter kit. Its a pain in the butt but it will work until you can get a no rinse sanitizer.

If this looks messed up sorry I'm typing on the wifes blackberry from a wedding

John

If this looks messed up sorry I'm typing on the wifes blackberry from a wedding

Now that's dedication........or a really boring wedding.

For me i just put my bottles in the dishwasher and use the high-temp wash so the heating element turns on and heats them up to sanitize them.

One needs to keep in mind, when the beer is being bottled, it already has anywhere from 4ish to upteen percent alcohol content, which is sufficient to kill most nasties. Of course, not an excuse to drink a brew and then bottle directly afterward with nary a rinse, but it doesn't need to be clean-room clean.

As others have suggested, Star San is probably about the best route for getting a 100% positive sanitation, but the sterile cycle on the dishwasher doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

Back