ManCave Finally Completed!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YankeesHomeBrew

Reaction score
Finally finished the ManCave! Basement was gutted and made 2 bedrooms, laundry room, huge bar, and entertainment area. Here are a bunch of pictures of the build!! Enjoy!!

:mug:

IMG_20120915_122431.jpg

IMG_20120812_101846.jpg

IMG_20120925_170240.jpg

20121222_094857.jpg

20121222_094907.jpg

Ceilings are very low in my basement, so decided to go with a dark color on the to try and draw your attention more horizontal towards the walls and not the low ceiling. Works well! Made the room look bigger!

20130407_171131.jpg

20130407_171145.jpg

20130407_171159.jpg

20130407_171209.jpg

20130407_171254.jpg

Those are 2 of the heaviest duty stripper poles I've ever seen.

Wish my living room looked half as good but I'm single with a 5 year old. I'm years from having anything nice again.

Very nice build!

One thing though, move that subwoofer away the wall and fireplace, thanks. ;)

Very nice! I want one! The only thing I would need different is to have about a thousand gallon fish tank in there someplace.

Yeah? I thought it would be better in the corner to bounce off multiple walls?

The best place is likely a foot from any wall or large object (in this case the fireplace), but that depends on the size of the woofer and the room acoustics. Having it too close to the wall will cause it to boom and create some undesirable sound effects.

So your having a party? I'm in ;). Build one like that in my basement and the Yankees would look like a sponsor!

So your having a party? I'm in ;). Build one like that in my basement and the Yankees would look like a sponsor!

Have had multiple parties and more to come!! The comment every person tends to say when they see it for the first time is "Holy **** this is like sitting at a real bar!!" lol

I've had people see pictures on facebook and ask what bar I was at last night

Why is there a laundry room in the man cave? Couldn't you put the washer and dryer upstairs in the kitchen so the SWMBO never has to leave the kitchen?

Did you insulate the basement walls? Very nice bar build.. working slowly on my own...

Very nice job! The bar area turned out great and I like the tip jar (you may as well get something for your efforts). Also, the painted fireplace was the right touch. That is a great way to take care of the old red brick.

Back