Save BeerSmith Brewsheet to Flash Drive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilotdane

Reaction score
I do my Beer Smith reciepe work at a computer that has no printer. Is there a way I can save the brew sheet to a flash drive so I can print it out on another computer?

Thanks for the prompt reply, I just downloaded Adobe onto my portable hard drive to install at home on my brew computer. Once installed I wonder if Adobe will automatically appear as a printer or if I will have to add it?

I know this isn't exactly what your asking, but you can keep your whole beersmith folder on the flash drive and run it directly from there. So you can take it anywhere you need to go.

Recently I started keeping my beersmith folder on my getdropbox account so I can access it from anywhere I have the client installed. Free 2GB storage space and if you use this link you get an extra 250MB of space https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTE0NjA0NTQ5

I copied my entire Beersmith directory onto my flash drive. I then put links to all of my computers directly to <drive letter:>\Beersmith\beersmith.exe. This way any changes I make to my recipes go onto the flash drive and I never have to worry about things being out of sync.

I occasionally copy the drive back to my main PC as a backup.

Also, I just broke my backspace key. Dammit.

-Joe

you can also print to a "software printer" that is already packaged in microsoft windows; like microsoft document image writer. Then take it to your "printing station" to print it out. But it is also generally handy to have a PDF writing utility for all manner of applications.

I just wanted to throw out that I had sent the same question to Beer Smith's generic tech support e-mail and promptly recieved a reply.

I have loaded Beer Smith onto my portable hard drive. Now I have all my recipes without the hassle of synching and I can carry the HD to my other computer to print. Works fine.

Latest posts

Back