The Quicksilver Home Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally! Finishing touches went on the Keezer today.

Beer Fridge, Fermenting Freezer, Keezer (7.2cf Magic Chef)

IMG_3122.JPG

Keezer guts:

IMG_3126.JPG

Fermenting Freezer:
IMG_3125.JPG

Inside my beer fridge (SWMBO is attempting to budge in!!)
IMG_3124.JPG

Thanks, FishinDave. I'm a pretty happy camper right now. I'm impatiently waiting for those three beers to finish so I can fill my kegs! The garage is pretty clean right now, but only because I decided to take on this keezer build. It was a disaster before that! (hint: you can actually earn SWMBO points while building a keggerator)

Anybody wanting to build a keezer but unsure of the task, fear not. I have none toolbelt skills and I was able to pull off the keezer without a problem. It is the ugliest keezer of anybody on the site, guaranteed. But, I'll be darned if beer doesn't come pouring out when I pull the lever:D The only power tools I used were a circular saw, a drill and a sander. I could have gotten away without the sander. It is not a pretty sight, but it works.

It's the substanceoverformerator.:eek::D
IMG_3127.JPG

Expandable to 6 taps.

i see you went with what i assume are the perlick taps. Do you think there worth almost 40 bucks a peice? im about to make a purchase of my own for a very similar setup- although im converting the same size freezer you have in the center pic.

i see you went with what i assume are the perlick taps. Do you think there worth almost 40 bucks a peice? im about to make a purchase of my own for a very similar setup- although im converting the same size freezer you have in the center pic.

Their worth every penny.

I knew from reading this forum for long enough that I'd regret buying anything else. This is a brand new setup and I've never had anything else, so I can't compare from experience.

The keezer is the Magic Chef 7.2cf. I can't remember which freezer the fermenter is, but it's a Kenmore from Sears - I think around 12cf or so. It's not on their website for some reason.

That 12cf is a good size to condition a bunch of kegs..I was gonna get a 7.2, but the 12 is probably better.

I can get 6 cornies in the fermentation freezer - 8 if I build a collar. Plus, I still have room for two more cornies in the keezer. I figure that's a good number for me. If I can't fit a bucket, no need to brew:)

The only problem I see ahead is secondaries. It won't be any fun using the freezer with carboys. I don't plan to secondary most of my beers though.

Wow, you're back? How 'bout them Pats? :D

LOL..I was busy all summer and didn't have time to brew. I also forgot my password and started another user name as Graniteriverbrewing. I finally was able to log on as bulls again. Yeah, the pats are in trouble. Deep trouble. It sucks. The good thing is the Jets stink too...I hope all is well.

Sorry. Back on topic..

LOL..I was busy all summer and didn't have time to brew. I also forgot my password and started another user name as Graniteriverbrewing. I finally was able to log on as bulls again. Yeah, those pats are in trouble. Deep trouble. It sucks. The good thing is the Jets stink too...I hope all is well.

Sorry. Back on topic..

:off: Cool man...:mug:

Back