Just bragging a bit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimhenning

New-old brewer
Reaction score
Still a newb, but me and buddy got this 3 tap kegerator put together and works dang well...even store cold mugs and homemade bacon in the freezer!

kegerator.jpg

Pretty nice. Had one like that a while back. After putting tap handles on it I had to strap the freezer and fridge door together cuz every time I went for a mug it hit my tap handles and poured beer all over the place. Worked great, just used a metal strap on the edge of the doors.

No drips, they all work fine, I got a manifold for the CO2. I built a "floor" for the cornies and had enough room underneath to lay down the 20 lb CO2 bottle, ran line up the back into the 3-line manifold and each goes to a different keg, it all "just" fits...have to fiddle with it but it works.

I turn my own tap handles on my lathe, they just haven't been screwed on yet...neat thing about this kegerator, those spouts turn like a door handle, so I can just turn them to the side and open the freezer up when I need something out of it.

I built a "floor" for the cornies and had enough room underneath to lay down the 20 lb CO2 bottle, ran line up the back into the 3-line manifold and each goes to a different keg, it all "just" fits...have to fiddle with it but it works.

It is very dangerous to lay a CO2 tank on its side. CO2 exists as a liquid when it is compressed in a tank. If liquid CO2 flows into the regulator, it can rapidly expand into a gas and damage or even cause the regulator to explode.

See here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/can-i-lay-co2-tank-its-side-fridge-113475/

Adam

thanks for the safety tip its been about 2 weeks and no explosion, i shall turn it off and re-engineer it tomorrow, thanks man

jimhenning said:
thanks for the safety tip its been about 2 weeks and no explosion, i shall turn it off and re-engineer it tomorrow, thanks man

Just run your line outside the fridge and put the co2 canister beside the fridge. Works great and saves room in the fridge.

Back