Kettle Junction Box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealperkins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have my HLT and BK directly wired to the plug (into the kettles). I would like to insert junction boxes (correct term?) so I can disconnect the wiring to facilitate easier kettle cleaning (dragging the kettle and wires to the sink).

I've searched and see several several examples of boxes but they are hard-wired to the kettle and I want to be able to plug into the box.

Links, pics, advice?

Thanks!

Thanks for answering.

But YIKES, I'm hoping for a more simple solution. I already have the elements mounted in MoreBeer kettles (with wiring attached to the elements) and am hoping to just add on the junction box with plug receptacle. I'd then just affix a plug to the wiring.

There have been a couple of examples of how people used a junction box on the side of the kettle, with the heating element out the back/bottom into the pot, and then instead of having the 3 conductor cable coming out, they put a male (pronged) flush mounted socket into the side of the junction box. You'd need a male fitting there, as the cable end would have the potential to be live, and you don't want to run the risk of having live male prongs. I tried doing a quick search, but didn't have any luck finding pictures yet -

here it is,

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/show-us-your-element-housings-pots-how-did-you-do-212079/

Do a search on "element cord options" I'm not sure How to link to the thread. I followed P-J's design after not being able to get Kal's method to work on my mlt, I'm guessing the keg was just a bit dented . P-J's method has been awesome. My connections are welded now but I was always a bit nervous with the extra weight of a cord on weldless fitting. Good luck

image-1582895508.jpg

Latest posts

Back