5 gallon batch only 4 came out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecheberline

Reaction score
I brewed an ag pale ale. It was supposed to be 5 gallons, but i just transfered it from my primary to the secondary, it only comes out a little over 4 gallons. I kmow where i messed up, and i will fix it next brew day. My question, is this batch going to come out bad?

I might add i lost the gallon in my brew kettle, when my lift tube clogged and i couldnt unclogg it, i decided it might be best to let it go and not risk contaminating the other 4gallons

I might add i lost the gallon in my brew kettle, when my lift tube clogged and i couldnt unclogg it, i decided it might be best to let it go and not risk contaminating the other 4gallons.

If you shared with us where you messed up, perhaps we could answer the question with more certainty. My best guess is that you'll be just fine, and likely with a brew with a touch more potency then you anticipated. But without further info as to why you fell a gallon (give or take) shy of expectations, it is difficult to give a clear response.

Did you hit your OG or were you over? Either way it will be fine, just a little heavier and maybe maltier if were over your OG.

I might add i lost the gallon in my brew kettle, when my lift tube clogged and i couldnt unclogg it, i decided it might be best to let it go and not risk contaminating the other 4gallons.

Reasonable enough. There's no harm in this. You'll just get less beer. There's no reason to believe anything is wrong here.

I was just a little high.

You should wait until after the brew day to get high, in any case.

chumpsteak said:
Did you hit your OG or were you over? Either way it will be fine, just a little heavier and maybe maltier if were over your OG.

joecheberline said:
I was just a little high.

Not stoned. My og was high

Back