the 'Hawks after 49 years!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azscoob

Brewpub coming soon!
Reaction score
The Blackhawks have the Stanley Cup after 49 years! drink beer from it, hug it, kiss it, make love to it! I remember growing up watching the disapointment year after year when the 'Hawks were out of the running for the cup. good job guys, you earned it!!!

Having moved to Phoenix I now attend the 'Yotes games, however this has been a longtime dream for me since I could stand on skates!

DIAF, that is all.

Seriously though, the Flyers barely made it into the playoffs. I am happy as a clam they made it to where they did. And in all honesty the last two games they were straight up out played.

Hawks deserve this. Although I would have far rather seen the Flyers hoisting the cup, it was definitely a good series. The entire playoffs made me happy to be a hockey fan.

Well done Blackhawks! Now DIAF!

Congrats to the Blackhawks. Not one for hockey, but I am resident of Philadelphia so I would have liked to see the Flyers win. That said, the Flyers did a good job. They squeezed their way into the playoffs, had an amazing come back against Boston, and held their own against the Blackhawks. I never expected the Flyers to win the cup, so I'm happy they didn't get swept and there was only one game where they got their butts handed to them.

I am pretty sure that M. Hossa said if he did not get his Stanley this year, he was going to throw a tantrum, so Philly agreed to throw it away.

Congrat's to all the Chicago fans out there. And to the team too.

I wonder if Hossa will move on to another new team now!

Salute! :mug:

I love it when Philly fans lose (they take it harder than the teams)

Grats Hawk fans!

(FYI Don't drink from that cup...god knows what's been put in it. I think Jackie Martling once made dookie in it...)

Congrats to the Blackhawks! Very deserving even if they had the hired gun Hossa on the team! I would not count on him leaving since he signed a pretty long term contract.

Sad thing is, Chicago could be a real good team for a few years at least, as long as they can stay healthy.

I remember hating the Hawks when I was a kid. Seems like they were always taking the Wings out of the playoffs. And this was before I really actually started watching the Wings. Hockey just wasn't a priority at that time. I think this was about the time I found my dad's stash of girlie mags...

I am happier than I can express that the Hawks have won finally. The last time they did was the year I was born!!!
I'm glad to see Rocky Wirtz turn the team around and turn it into something we all here can be proud of. Let's just hope that He doesn't pull a Mike McCaskey and settle for one championship and start to dismantle the team!

That said, please allow me a short rant. As much as I always try to be a good sport about comptition, and have always taught that to my kids and the teams that I have coached, I did NOT want to see the Flyers win the cup! I have rarely seen such B.S. dirty play, ESPECIALLY in a final series!!! The fact that Pronger was only in the box four times in the entire series, and two of them were last night, is a travesty! The only thing that I saw worse was the way the Flyers fans acted during the presentation of the both the Conn Smythe trophy and the cup. Booing both Toews and the Hawks was simply low-life, poor loser crap!
Members of my homebrew club were telling me at our meeting on Monday that they were at games three and four, in Philly, and wore Hawks jerseys to the games. They said that simply walking to their seats was dangerous, as they were spit on, and flipped off by an EIGHT YEAR OLD! (He's guessing the age obviously, however......)

Awesome series. The Hawks clearly deserved that trophy. Top-to-bottom, the best team in the NHL.

The BS calls throughout the entire series was pretty tough to stomach too. I'm not conspiracy theorist, but I seemed like a lot of the calls were intended to keep the series going. AND, the thing that bothered me the most was all the attention that was paid to the Flyers. The game 2 tribute to La Pierre, while it was still in Chicago, was total crap. I understand Eddie Olczyk and Jeremy Roenick trying to be impartial, but they, along with everyone else went a little overboard, heaping the praise onto the Flyers.

I am happier than I can express that the Hawks have won finally. The last time they did was the year I was born!!!
I'm glad to see Rocky Wirtz turn the team around and turn it into something we all here can be proud of. Let's just hope that He doesn't pull a Mike McCaskey and settle for one championship and start to dismantle the team!

That said, please allow me a short rant. As much as I always try to be a good sport about comptition, and have always taught that to my kids and the teams that I have coached, I did NOT want to see the Flyers win the cup! I have rarely seen such B.S. dirty play, ESPECIALLY in a final series!!! The fact that Pronger was only in the box four times in the entire series, and two of them were last night, is a travesty! The only thing that I saw worse was the way the Flyers fans acted during the presentation of the both the Conn Smythe trophy and the cup. Booing both Toews and the Hawks was simply low-life, poor loser crap!
Members of my homebrew club were telling me at our meeting on Monday that they were at games three and four, in Philly, and wore Hawks jerseys to the games. They said that simply walking to their seats was dangerous, as they were spit on, and flipped off by an EIGHT YEAR OLD! (He's guessing the age obviously, however......)

Congrats To Kane and the Blackhawks! about Philly...what did you expect from "The Broad Street Bullies?"

I love watching Philly lose Almost as much as I love watching Boston Lose.

Don't judge us all by the shenanigans of those people. I am just simply a hockey fan, and have loved the Flyers since I was 10. Doesn't make me a bad person, though some might say I have poor taste. :D

As I said, they deserved to win. They simply out played the flyers. They played extremely fast, good and tight hockey in my opinion. Flyers were clearly out of their comfort zone.

I was definitely miffed they lost, but who isn't when their team looses. It was still a remarkable run for the flyers considering where they stood in the conference.

Love them. Hate them. There's really no in-between. At least not that I have seen.

Again, a well deserved cup win. Better them than Jersey. :D

/ducks for cover

All I remember is watching them win it on Wednesday, and then I came back to consciousness on Friday afternoon.

I take no responsibility for anything that occurred between those times! (Especially for the immaculate conception that was conceived by one of the llamas at the local ranch.)

from a long-time blackhawks fan... go blackhawks!!!! :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Back