Beer Camp! At Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
I'm jealous...because I didn't get invited to Beer Camp.:( But, nice read and some good pix!

Beer Director » Sierra Nevada Beer School - Volume One | DRAFT Magazine

3380460172_3ca2bb4002.jpg

3380464464_7372af7861.jpg

3379652603_66ec250ef3.jpg

Tomme and Jeff from Port Brewing and Tom Nickel from O'Briens here were up there last week. I heard they made a RIS on the pilot system that will be brewed and distributed.

Tomme and Jeff from Port Brewing and Tom Nickel from O'Briens here were up there last week. I heard they made a RIS on the pilot system that will be brewed and distributed.

RIS??? Cool, haven't heard about that yet. If there is one criticism of Sierra Nevada that I have, it's that they don't distribute ENOUGH of their beers. I've had some wonderful, unique, and delicious beers from their pilot brewery that I wish they would bottle. One of these days I need to get inside their pilot brewery for a tour.

from BA:

Tom, Tomme and Jeff the "Three Amigos" are here at the brewery (along with 5 others) as part of a program we call Beer Camp. We invite beer writers, friends, brewers, prominent retailers, bars, distributors...etc., to come and hang out with us at the craft-brewing "mecca."

Beer Camp was modeled after the idea of Space Camp. A full immersion few days of full-on tours tastings and brewing here at Sierra Nevada.

last night we made it through the brewery and into the pub, went to see Beer Wars and got in trouble with tequila, karaoke and 25oz Sierra Nevada beers.

Bad scene, very bad scene.

During the second day of camp, participants get to pick any style of beer they want to brew... And they work in our 10 BBL pilot lab to make it happen.

The participants then get to take the beer back to their establishments and serve it at their leisure.

Previous Beer Camp Beers are:
Sierra Super 7 Imperial Pilsner
Sierra S8zon
Sierra Hop Secret 393 (unbelievably awesome beer)
Sierra IRA (Irish Red Ale)
Sierra India Black Ale

Check out the reviews on the site... all of these beers are one off and most have been rockin'

I can't tell you what these guys are brewing, but a hint its initials are RIS.

Hope this helps whet your appetite.

Cheers!

-Bill

From the O'Briens blog:

In other beer news, Jeff Bagby, Tomme Arthur and myself returned safely from Sierra Nevada Beer Camp up in Chico, CA. We brewed the strongest beer that they have ever made on their pilot system - an 11% abv Imperial Stout. Expect it to be down here sometime in early June.

Everytime I see a copper kettle I want to cry....

I know I know that stainless is so much easier to take care of and clean...

But nothing beats the pure sexy win of copper

That's a sharp looking brewery. Much cleaner than most I have been to, but then again, they are bigger than most. Looking at that second picture; that would make me nervous standing under all that beer, but I guess if it fell through I'd die drowing/being crushed by beer. Not a bad way to go.

Latest posts

Back