She Walks in the Willows with Pandas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this sounds remarkably similar to the simpson's episode where homer grabs the gummy venus de milo off the baby sitter's ass.

GREAT story.

Thanks for putting this one back up. The funniest story I've read in ages! Well done, PTN!
I can only imagine the torture of the Registry in the city! We had some great people in Southbridge, though. I once got up to the window while doing paperwork for HWMC. The lady looks at it and says, "Your husband forgot to sign. Take this pen and bring the paper out to the car, and have him sign it. When you're done, come right to the front of the line." Probably over twenty years ago, but I still remember the shocking common sense and kindness of that Registry employee.

Thanks for putting this one back up. The funniest story I've read in ages! Well done, PTN!
I can only imagine the torture of the Registry in the city! We had some great people in Southbridge, though. I once got up to the window while doing paperwork for HWMC. The lady looks at it and says, "Your husband forgot to sign. Take this pen and bring the paper out to the car, and have him sign it. When you're done, come right to the front of the line." Probably over twenty years ago, but I still remember the shocking common sense and kindness of that Registry employee.

Wow. I have never met a Registry employee that nice to me. And my late aunt, who loved me and whom I was a pall bearer for, was a supervisor in the RMV. I mean, I was never treated that well there.

I'm back at the scene of the crime. Tried to renew my license online but i guess that after the seventh or eight time you renew they make you have an eye exam. Damn this farkin' line is long. I'm not letting go of my ticket. No f'ing way.

This is not how I want to spend my birthday.

I f you think the waiting room in a BMV is fun, try sitting at a Social Security Office once in awhile. I moved to Ohio and was getting my license, and the lady asked for my SS card. I handed it to her, she looked at it and handed it back and said 'I cannot use this'. I inquired why, and she said it did not have my full legal name. From the date of issuance, it has my middle and last name only, but for 35+ years that hasn't been an issue.

So off to the SSO to get a new card, where I sit down in the waiting room with my wife on one side and a mother and her 8 year old son on the other. He looks at me and smiles, I just sit and wait for my turn.

The waiting room is packed, and no one looks happy. After about 20 seconds I feel a sharp jab on my left arm, the little %^&* next to me just punched me in the arm. No joke. I am every bit of 250lbs and have a goatee and buzzcut, and this kid does not even know me. Ballsy...

His mom that is loudly talking on the phone sort of fusses at him a bit, but continues on with what she is doing. At different points of my wait, he punches me about 2-3 more times, each time I'm simply ignoring it. Thankfully their number got called and my time of entertaining little Johnnie ended.

People and their ill behaved kids....sheesh

... well.. you probably looked like a sexual predator. Smart kid.

Is it the goatee? If so I'm screwed because the wife won't allow me to shave it...

When I was that age I would not even talk to an adult unless I had been around them for some time. Much less think it was ok to wail on them. I think the little peckerhead got enjoyment out of the fact that really there wasn't anything I could do, and clearly his absentee mom wasn't either.

Well, you DID just sit there; you could have at least said "Hey kid, please don't hit me." And if he does hit you again, you're legally* allowed to kick him in the face.

* Well, not "legally"

Back