Any eastern shore brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cory11

Reaction score
Anybody? Seems like everyone is from Delaware or western shore.

I'm moving to Annapolis. Not sure if that is near where you are. I don't know the area.

That's about an hour from me. Annapolis has a nice homebrew shop on rt 2. I recommend it.

If anyone ever wants to do a group brew session, I'd be down!

I live in Easton, work in Annapolis.

im in cordova,just outside easton. newbie here though. have made a few wines and have my first beer in the secondary now

im in cordova,just outside easton. newbie here though. have made a few wines and have my first beer in the secondary now

Nice! I have been interested in trying a wine sometime, but I always come back to beer.

Maybe if we get another person we can do a group brew day?

sounds like a plan but i gotta say i have no idea what is involved. i have only done 1 extract. im planning a 2nd right now. this one is gonna be a full boil though.

There's quite a few of us in Southern MD, though that may not specifically count as Eastern Shore.

I'm thinking about attempting to put together a homebrew club for folks down on Virginia's Eastern Shore. I'd like to gauge interest in such a club before I do a bunch of work to set up a meeting. Any folks down here who would want to get together once a month or every other month and talk about beer and brewing?

Just moved to Easton from NJ. Looking for other brewers / clubs / homebrew shop recommendations.

Just moved to Easton from NJ. Looking for other brewers / clubs / homebrew shop recommendations.

Welcome to Easton!

There are a few brewers that I know of in the area, but there is no official club set up for the area. I am a member of the Annapolis Homebrew Club, which has been growing for almost two years now, so I can put you in touch with members if you would like to join.

As for a homebrew shop recommendation, I just order online depending on prices / flat shipping rates. Annapolis Homebrew is a decent store, but it is a 50 minute drive + $6.00 bridge toll. You are better off just ordering from a place like Northern Brewer that has a flat $7.99 shipping rate.

Apparently, one of the bottle shops in town (Hair O' The Dog) started carrying homebrew supplies. I haven't been there in well over a year, because they are way too pricey when it comes to bottles. I've also heard they are pricey on common homebrew supplies, but it is nice to know that a place exists if you need something in a pinch.

I've been in Easton for almost 3 years now, so let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

I'm in the "wrong" forum, but there's little activity there, so thought I'd try here. I'm just south of Dover, DE in Kent County DE.

Close enough, eh?

Delmar, MD here. I ride to the beach and go to the Delaware home brewers club. Store I usually use is Xtreme brewing in Laurel, Delaware. There is also a smaller store that has opened up in Salisbury and a store in Berlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

For those willing to make the drive, we've just started a homebrew club in the MD/VA eastern shore area - Brewers In the Eastern shore Region (B.I.E.R.)

We're still fairly small (~20 people on our email list) and are currently doing quarterly meetings to judge interest level. Our next meeting is July 15th, at a TBD location. Updates will be posted on our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BIER-Brewers-In-the-Eastern-shore-Region-Club/296771397137151

And our blog/website (still in progress):

http://bierhomebrewclub.blogspot.com/

Our last meeting was down in Pungoteague, VA and our next one is likely to be the same, unless we can find a place closer to the MD/VA state line. Feel free to contact us at:

[email protected]

Cheers!

Glad to see so many home brewers on the shore. I currently live in Millington, grew up in Chestertown, and brew in St. Michaels at Eastern Shore Brewing. If any of you guys want to come down and check out the brewery sometime shoot me a PM I'd love to show you around and talk beer. I can only deal with so many chicken-neckers who usually come to the brewery!

Would anyone in the Salisbury area be interested in used,rinsed empty bottles? I have 32-12 oz. & 3-22 oz. or should they go to recycling?

I work in (and am from) Chestertown. Anyone homebrewing in that area? I live in Annapolis but will be moving back soon and would like to meet some other local homebrewers. :mug:

Time to revive this thread!
I've spent a ton of time hanging out on the eastern shore since the early 70's, and have finally convinced my wife that it's time to move there. I have an uncle outside Centerville, my father is in Stevensville, my sister is uh.., across the bridge and friends west of Galena (got a Baltic Porter going for an event there soon), and in Oxford and St Michaels. We're looking from Chestertown to Easton and a bit east. West toward the bridge seems to priced as a suburb of Baltimore & Annapolis, or just very little available there. Ideally no more than 30min from Stevensville and the free dockage at my fathers place.
Where are all the Homebrew clubs?? I saw a bunch of old posts about 1 person here, 2 there and so on, but then it faded away. I'm going to miss my club in NJ, and looking for some action once we get settled down there.
I'm a big DIY brewer running a 3 tier electric system, and planning a dedicated brewery in an existing space or new workshop once we find the right place and get settled. Got out bid on a awesome place with a kitchen in the basement on our first try. Damn that would have been awesome!

Hey, red96jeep, ESB makes some great beers. I regularly stop for a growler when I'm in town. Being 3 hrs away now really puts a damper on getting there. Not any more!

Time to revive this thread!
I've spent a ton of time hanging out on the eastern shore since the early 70's, and have finally convinced my wife that it's time to move there. I have an uncle outside Centerville, my father is in Stevensville, my sister is uh.., across the bridge and friends west of Galena (got a Baltic Porter going for an event there soon), and in Oxford and St Michaels. We're looking from Chestertown to Easton and a bit east. West toward the bridge seems to priced as a suburb of Baltimore & Annapolis, or just very little available there. Ideally no more than 30min from Stevensville and the free dockage at my fathers place.
Where are all the Homebrew clubs?? I saw a bunch of old posts about 1 person here, 2 there and so on, but then it faded away. I'm going to miss my club in NJ, and looking for some action once we get settled down there.
I'm a big DIY brewer running a 3 tier electric system, and planning a dedicated brewery in an existing space or new workshop once we find the right place and get settled. Got out bid on a awesome place with a kitchen in the basement on our first try. Damn that would have been awesome!

Hey, red96jeep, ESB makes some great beers. I regularly stop for a growler when I'm in town. Being 3 hrs away now really puts a damper on getting there. Not any more!

Glad to see the thread revived (and in areas close to me)! Haven't found any homebrew clubs in the area. I live in Church Hill and work in Chestertown, 3 tier electric system (almost online), 8 tap kegerator w/ dedicated nitro and sour taps. I also have a 30 gallon oak barrel so looking for someone local-ish to do splits. In other words, good luck moving here, if you need a pit stop for a pint in between the house-hunting please stop by!

Back