Freezing Corn Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kozwald

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if storing Corn Sugar in the freezer affects it at all? My last couple of batches did not carbonate all that well and the only thing I've done different was keep my extra sugar in the freezer. Not sure why I started keeping it in the freezer, all other sugar is stored in the cabinet.

As long as it was sealed (meaning no water got in), the freezer would have no effect on its ability to carbonate your beer.

Maybe the last few batches haven't carbonated as well because your house is colder now that it's winter?

In my last apartment, we kept the thermostat at 60 while we were at work and asleep, 66 otherwise. The beer was kept in an unheated closet with 3 outside walls, it probably saw 55-60 degree temps. I had a few batches that didn't carbonate until I built a little heated box in the closet to keep them around 75.

Back