does anyone here work in a brewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWMK2

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here works in a brewery, if so in what capacity?
i would love to one day work in a brewery of a brew pub, just dont know if im going to be able to afford to do so.

No, but I know some brewer's and they all tell me you don't get rich making beer.

I think Im past the point of thinking Im going to be rich someday, now Im just looking to do something that would make me happy and enjoy going to work.

I started and left a brewery. Won some GABF medals, got some scares, and never made any money. Ah, the glory days. Or is that spelled DAZE?

It used to be my best advice was to forget the whole idea and settle into making the life you have the best it can be. Now I say life is short and follow your heart. Money doesn't grow on trees, but you can always earn more. I just conducted the funeral of a 100 year old woman. Everyone said she lived so long because she kept on living.

If it is your dream, go for it! No regrets. I don't have many.

Besides, I drank with Charlie Papazian and Michael Jackson in my brewery.

I just got a job working at Thirsty Dog Brewing Co. in Akron, OH. I'm in school right now majoring in Mechanical Engineering and plan to go to UC Davis for a Professional Brewers program after I get my BS.

Right now I'm doing the basics: bottling line, kegging, cleaning (of course), gathering grain, minerals, etc. for the next brew, cleaning out the grains from the lauter tuns.

It's awesome experience and I love my job, but it is not easy work.

I helped in a brewpub i worked at as a waiter for a bit. I helped every step of the way. Many times. It's that experience that made me realize I don't really care how much money I make. I want to brew beer in some fashion. Forever.

I'm in the Marine Corps right now but I will be looking for a brewery job anywhere close to home that I can take. If it involves beer, I'm in.

Back